Sephtin BarMod - Sephtin Custom Theme

sephtin

Reaction score
After making about 6 versions of a black bar-mod for Focused... Focused changed to a black status bar by default!

Had to step up my game a little...

For anyone who enjoyed the barmod look previously, it's again available for Focused 1.9.5/1.9.7, and a few other ROMs (hopefully more soon)..
As well as a couple other theming choices (more soon)...

Enjoy!
Sephtin Custom Themes now public! — sephtin.com

mugsy77

Reaction score
Glad you kept at it man! Checking it out now :) and thank you!

*worked as promised!*
For slow people like myself, make sure you select sephtin Bar Mod theme if you select sephtin Bar Mod icons to match icons or icons will look silly as they stand out :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid74

Reaction score
Sephtin is being way modest!!!! Its an awesome site..check it out!

tizzle04

Reaction score
The site is awesome sephtin just put together a theme an dled it looks great good job bro... will be sure to donate in the near future when uncle Sam decides to start paying me to attend college lol

deantemple

Reaction score
Septhin, i gotta hand it to you! This is one of the best theming ideas i've seen yet! Definately going to be following future developments of this. Would love to see the addition of some themed keyboards. Are you thinking of packaging all this into an app? If so that would be epic! Keep up the awesome work, i've always got my eye out for the septhin posts, they never disappoint.

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Great idea, this is awesome. I'd suggest making the theme images clickable to get a larger preview.

Any thoughts on app theming as well? I know that gets hard with updates to apps and all, but I know a lot of themes include gmail, talk, voice, browser, text...

Droid74

Reaction score
I know that Sephtin is planning on adding app themes shortly. He has been working very hard on all of this. I know that this is coming as all my themes have themed apps already and are waiting to go ;). Big things are coming for this amazing project!! Sephtin has done a great job!!

On a personal note: A big THANK YOU to Sephtin and Corinacakes for all their help, support, and patience in developing my themes!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Awesome job! It took me forever to find the cooker but when i did WOW...the possibilities are endless :D

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
You do an amazing job sephtin at everything you do. You are truly a great asset to this community.

ChuckTu

Reaction score
This is awesome. Just applied a custom one to my 1.9.7...love it! Thanks for all the great work you do!

OP
S

sephtin

Reaction score
The site is awesome sephtin just put together a theme an dled it looks great good job bro... will be sure to donate in the near future when uncle Sam decides to start paying me to attend college lol

Thanks for the feedback! And donations are always greatly appreciated!

OP
S

sephtin

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback!

Still a few things to clean up, and I posted a list of some of the things I hope are coming soon...

@deantemple-
I have a few more themes to post up, but the next big item to tackle is being able to automate cracking open services.jar, editing, and putting it back together... Once that's working, then I believe the ability to include themed apps is next. The challange there, is that every ROM has a different settings.apk, phone.apk, etc. So if those are themed, I'll have to automate stripping the themed components from that app, and themeing the app that's included with the ROM... either that, or I need to find a way to show a theme as compatible/not-compatible with a particular ROM.. It's a pretty big task, we'll see how it goes along the way...

I'd like to put it into an app, but have done almost nothing with java.. honestly, most of the back-end script will run on the phone with a few minor tweaks.. :p If someone wanted to work with me on an app, I'd definitely be interested. :)

@Plower.net-
I'd like to do the larger preview.. right now, the site works really well on the phone.. and I definitely don't want to spoil that! On the other hand, the site could use some cosmetic changes. Unfortunately, I'm horribly horribly weak in php/js. My website coding -fu is terribly weak... Would DEF. love if someone was interested in doing more on the web...

What I'd like to do (my end goal, kinda).. is have a mock image or two off to the side, and as components are chosen, the image updates with them to show what the theme would look like with the chosen components...
It's a lofty goal, but if someone who was better with php/js/whatever would be required to do something like this wants to get involved.. I'm all for it!

As far as apps, as I mentioned previously, it should be included shortly. Funny that the apps you mentioned if included in a theme by the theme developer.. would be about 4 lines of code in my script to include those apps... It's things like phone/dialer, settings.apk, etc. that will break stuff from one ROM to another that I have to work with a little to allow inclusion of themed apps with themes.
Uhmm, soon. I .. hope.

@Droid74-
You do the hard stuff, I just put them up and let you test...

@Corinacakes-
Yea, I made it a little more obvious as to where the links are.

@chkm8-
It's on my list to PM you, to see if you might be interested in having some of those boot animations hosted... heh. Might be a while, lot of stuff on the list before that, but if you're interested, let me know!

@themers-
If interested in having theme hosted on the site, let me know... It's not hard to do, and the only real limitation currently is the apps.. but hopefully soon that'll be working. :)

And thanks to all for the feedback. :)
I'm excited about the possibilities as well!

Last edited:

droidx8791

Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just what I've been waiting for. Great job. What if we have a theme we like and basically want to port it. Like the nextheme as the base?