serious issues ... please help

aillarfike

Reaction score
My phone was working fine until about a week and a half ago!

I took it to verizon because I was having serious battery issues. He said that I was in global mode and that it was what wwas draining my battery so he turned it off. But that didn't work.

When I don't have service (which is all the time recently) it constantly asks me if I want to go into global mode.

It is running super hot when ok have data turned on. Andy battery is dying within 4 hours if being used. When I got the phone I could leave my data on all day at work and still have 20% in 9 hours.

I tried a factory reset to see if that would fix the problem and it didn't.

Also I can't get My pictures to save to my sd card.

help!!!

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey Aill,

The Global Mode likely isn't the issue. I apologize for the rabbit trail. You said you are having a lot of connectivity issues lately? What does that mean? Specifically, are you having problems locking LTE, staying in 3G, not getting signal at all, etc? Also, what version of Android are you running? What carrier? Let me know, and Ill see what we can do.

<3 Mandy

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
try downloading a better app usage tracker such as Gsam battery monitor. That'll break down better what apps are draining your battery.

OP
A

aillarfike

Reaction score
Hey Aill,

The Global Mode likely isn't the issue. I apologize for the rabbit trail. You said you are having a lot of connectivity issues lately? What does that mean? Specifically, are you having problems locking LTE, staying in 3G, not getting signal at all, etc? Also, what version of Android are you running? What carrier? Let me know, and Ill see what we can do.

<3 Mandy

I am running 4.1.2...

I'm not getting any signal at all in areas where I used to.

And I have verizon.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I believe there was a recent update to the s3. Has yours been updated yet? I'm not sure if there were updated radios in it or not, but gotta ask.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Also try replacing your sim card (free at Verizon). Or turn off phone, take sim card out and put it back in. A poorly seated or faulty sim card could be the problem. It definitely does sound like the problem is your phone is making a desperate search to get a 4g/3g signal and is burning battery and heating up in the process.

sent from my Note2 using tapatalk 4 beta

OP
A

aillarfike

Reaction score
When I go into the battery in the settings it says media is the main culprit...would that be it finding service? Because right now I have 4g and 3 bars of service but my phone willbe down to 5% again in probably 2 hours with data turned off. After my first post I had to plug It in because I was at 5% at like 11:30 and I unplugged it at 7:45 .

OP
A

aillarfike

Reaction score
I haven't received an update and when I check it says I'm up to date.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
click app usage and that should break it down even further as to which app

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Check this: Let me google that for you

I haven't dug into any of those yet, but I'd be willing to bet that's what's going on.

Having no signal anywhere can't help either - which could be a hardware issue if you've never had signal problems before. But this sounds more like the media server "bug".

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
judging by the second post from jnt, it may be your sd card. I'd definitely take a look at the thread he posted and try those solutions.

OP
A

aillarfike

Reaction score
okay i formatted my sd card... i had it out majority of the night but my phone is already showing improvements.

thank you all for your help, ill post how it does throughout the day tomorrow!!