So, now we have to take the new note 7 back?

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I'm keeping mine till the v20 is out, which for att us the 28th of this month. No point in keeping a phone they arent gunna support anymore, let alone may not be able to return when my next program upgrade is up.

It sure is a shame I love this phone. Oh wellit's only for a year or so till the note 8 or what ever they are going to call it.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 7

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly! Corporate espionage! This phone is such a beast; too hard for other manufacturers to come up with something better. What better way to ruin a great device! Create a few hazards.

I know several people who are still refusing to give up their N7. I'm sure there are still several thousand that are still on. Yet no news of any more fires???

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
They said there are still like a million out in the population

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
Anyone know if we have to return the watch if we return the new note 7 for something not by Samsung?

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Going to check on replacement options tomorrow, don't know what or if I'll get anything, and I'll return the note when it's rendered inoperable.

Sent from my New Note 7

That's gutsy because sooner or later the carriers will end the "we will replace your Note 7" window then what?? You are stuck with an inoperable phone and have to buy another one??

Sent from my neat IPhone 7+

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
That's gutsy because sooner or later the carriers will end the "we will replace your Note 7" window then what?? You are stuck with an inoperable phone and have to buy another one??

I'll replace it with something while the offer is there, but turning off and returning is the rendered inoperable part.

Sent from my New Note 7

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3

That's a good question whether replacement would be honored indefinitely. Typically when there is a recall, manufacturers will honor that recall for years. I believe it would be Samsung who would have to honor the recall but for carriers, it would be up to them. But then again, maybe not. The second recall on "safe" N7's was voluntary. Samsung might decide, "sorry too late" if someone waited too long. It would be worth finding out what Sammy will do for any N7's that are still out floating around next year.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
And for those of you that have a Note 7 and still haven't ordered your free watch or micro SD card from Sammy, jump on that asap. My SO forgot and didn't end up ordering hers until a week after the original Note 7 recall. Her watch is due to arrive this Thursday, so it stands to reason that they are still honoring that promo. Even if the promo is no longer "officially" active, I'm willing to bet Samsung will still provide the item simply to keep their customers happy after said fiasco. It's worth a try at least.... all they can do is say no.

S5 tap'n

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whoa! A bit extreme when they don't even know if the five burning phones are legit. Meanwhile, Apple/iPhone is surely benefiting big time!

It's an election year and the election is less than a month away.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><