somewhat easier guide to root your droid 2

DFlo

Reaction score
I now have the #, but after entering the mount statement & "cd c:/android/tools" I receive a message "cd: bad substitution".

DFlo

Reaction score
Looks like it takes me right back to the same message (cd: bad substitution).

DFlo

Reaction score
Here's a screenshot...was very careful to duplicate the statement. Can also jump on AIM, if that helps.

Attachments

• Pic.jpg
    Pic.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 231
OP
evilsock

evilsock

Reaction score
damn thats what i thought, im stumped. it wont hurt to try the other method of rooting, its a little longer, but either adb shell isnt set up right or theres a software issue on ur pc, compatibility im speaking of.

DFlo

Reaction score
damn thats what i thought, im stumped. it wont hurt to try the other method of rooting, its a little longer, but either adb shell isnt set up right or theres a software issue on ur pc, compatibility im speaking of.

I'll try that...may just have to wait this one out if it doesn't work. Appreciate all of your help!

OP
evilsock

evilsock

Reaction score
well get it figured out thats what these forums are for. id def try the method on xda thats in all the other links and give it a whirl

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Yeah, it' hasn't been 24 hours and I'm already missing some of my rooted apps.

do u have a pc? its not that scary if u read post #2 , root lies minutes away

I have two PC's and a Mac. My Mac rocks, my PC's are old. I'm more comfortable doing things on my Mac.

Just like rooting my Droid, I always did it with my Mac. Anyway, I don't have my D2 yet, it will be here Monday. I went back to stock on my Droid last night so I could get a look at basic 2.2 and how it stands up against the D2. That also gives me the opportunity to see if I want to stay withe the D2 or go for the X.

It will be a few weeks before I'm ready to root.
You know, I had the D1 rooted and overclocked to 1.25 GHz the last few months, and I read some posts saying I wouldnt be impressed with the D2 because of this.

That couldnt have been any further from the truth. I feel it runs alot faster and smoother than my D1 ever did while overclocked. Just feels alot better, but that's just one guys opinion. Maybe my D2 just happens to be in the minority :p

Jeebz88

Reaction score
Thanks for this guide… I was able to use it to root my droid without much trial & error. I'm already loving my first android phone more than I thought was possible.