swype updated beta not working

Droidemz

Reaction score
Hey all so this morning I downloaded the new updated swype, had been using the last one with out any issues on my UD 8. Well the updated one wont work, I uninstalled the installer and the actual program probably 8 times, rebooting after uninstall and after installs, still wont work says it is not made for my device..iv had this issue in the past but after a few uninstalls and re-installs it works, no dice this time what gives?

gloster

Reaction score
I installed the updated swype beta on my UD 8.0 earlier today with no problem.

I am part of the beta program and used the official installer app.

OP
Droidemz

Droidemz

Reaction score
I installed the updated swype beta on my UD 8.0 earlier today with no problem.

I am part of the beta program and used the official installer app.

Yeah I am part of the beta as well and used the official installer, guess I will keep trying.

OP
Droidemz

Droidemz

Reaction score
Ok so after trying about 20 times, clearing dvkip what ever and cache, uninstalling, turning off apps2sd and a whole bunch of other **** the thread on swype said to try for this is a known issue with no fix yet...besides wiping your phone and reinstalling your rom, not doing that so I guess i dont get swype anymore till they fix this

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
Ok so after trying about 20 times, clearing dvkip what ever and cache, uninstalling, turning off apps2sd and a whole bunch of other **** the thread on swype said to try for this is a known issue with no fix yet...besides wiping your phone and reinstalling your rom, not doing that so I guess i dont get swype anymore till they fix this

Or just install previous version......

donerico

Reaction score
It took me about 4 installs today(including downloading the installer a second time) and now it's working perfectly with UD 8

jbg25

Reaction score
Odd....I downloaded the new installer accidentally a day early after using sbf of my phone. I had to go to their forums but they said it would resolve in 24 hours.

At the time I lost swype all together...but today when I redownloaded...it was fine. No problems so far.

jbcline

Reaction score
I was having the same install problems with the new beta and finally got it to work after disabling and uninstalling......what a pain. I have been messing with the Ultra Keyboard Trial in the Market and so far quite impressed. All of the coolness of Swype and more! It's worth a look.

Ultra Keyboard Trial - Android app on AppBrain

OP
Droidemz

Droidemz

Reaction score

Or just install previous version......

yeah except it expires in a day and will be unusable from then on out smarty pants

rooster.droid

Reaction score
It took me about 10 tries. First i wasn't able to log in. Then it would download and not register. Then it would tell me I already have it installed.

After a series of install/uninstall it's working again.

OP
Droidemz

Droidemz

Reaction score
It took me about 10 tries. First i wasn't able to log in. Then it would download and not register. Then it would tell me I already have it installed.

Iv done it about 12 times now and even after i uninstall before reinstalling I use cache mate and reboot. guess i will keep trying through out the day till it works. i always get the msg that its not made for my device and limited functionality IE the keyboard is ther but you cant swype

EDIT: finally got it working, didnt do anything different just decided to work this time.

Last edited:

donerico

Reaction score

Iv done it about 12 times now and even after i uninstall before reinstalling I use cache mate and reboot. guess i will keep trying through out the day till it works. i always get the msg that its not made for my device and limited functionality IE the keyboard is ther but you cant swype

EDIT: finally got it working, didnt do anything different just decided to work this time.
That's great! It is hard to do without swipe!

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I am also a member of the beta testers and could not get the September update to work. I uninstalled both the installer and swype itself, then I went into my sd card and deleted all the prior swype.apk, I then rebooted my phone and reinstalled swype via the email and followed all the prompts and voila it works. So if yours is not working check that you deleted all the prior downloads off your sd card before trying to install the new one.

Just a suggestion.

ljcorsa

Reaction score
I was having the same install problems with the new beta and finally got it to work after disabling and uninstalling......what a pain. I have been messing with the Ultra Keyboard Trial in the Market and so far quite impressed. All of the coolness of Swype and more! It's worth a look.

Ultra Keyboard Trial - Android app on AppBrain

Today I watched Swype expire, revisited the Droid2 Multitouch keyboard, tried SwiftKey, Smart Keyboard, SlideIT, and Ultra Keyboard. None of them are exactly Swype (for better and worse), but I'm liking Ultra Keyboard a lot. The developer is active and accessible via Facebook. It could use a little more Swype-smartness, and a bigger font would help this old fart, but it works well and looks like a keeper.