Updating Swype in UD 2.0.0

Timotato got back to me...

<+Timotato> hey roundabout1: just talked to Swype dudes. They know of the issue and actually have no fix for it and say it is ROM related. Sorry

Well that sucks.

I guess I was lucky enough to get UD to reinstall the swype that came with the rom. This is not fun. The way the support has gone for UD2, I may be rom shopping someday soon.

I guess I was lucky enough to get UD to reinstall the swype that came with the rom. This is not fun. The way the support has gone for UD2, I may be rom shopping someday soon.

Unfortunately, Swype is a deal breaker.

Just checking to see if someone has found a fix yet?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Why not just install it from UD Extras? I mean its not the updated version but it still works great

Sent from my The Ultimate DROiD 2.0.0 URBaN using Tapatalk

I will for now but would like to use the updated one

Swype is working fine for me.
I was using Swype before UD2. When i installed UD2, I also installed Swype from the extras. It took a long time to install - and worked for about 15 minutes - then would not eve show up as installed.
I went back to the last e-mail from Swype beta that i received a while back (know i know why i didn't delete that e-mail), re-installed the installer from that, logged in and downloaded Swype again. When i look at it in my app list, it shows 2.4.44.10912 as the version.
I was able to use metamorph and theme it again the way i had it prior to UD2 and it is working perfectly with UD2.
Hope this helps...

Dalene

Last edited:
I was using Swype before UD2. When i installed UD2, I also installed Swype from the extras. It took a long time to install - and worked for about 15 minutes - then would not eve show up as installed.
I went back to the last e-mail from Swype beta that i received a while back (know i know why i didn't delete that e-mail), re-installed the installer from that, logged in and downloaded Swype again. When i look at it in my app list, it shows 2.4.44.10912 as the version.
I was able to use metamorph and theme it again the way i had it prior to UD2 and it is working perfectly with UD2.
Hope this helps...

Dalene
I believe you have an older version of swype (probably from September). I just installed the one that just came out and my version is 2.10.52.13753.

So you were able to install swype on this

Hope this helps...

Dalene
I believe you have an older version of swype (probably from September). I just installed the one that just came out and my version is 2.10.52.13753.

Hope this helps...

Dalene

Installing now...thanks

Hope this helps...

Dalene

Unfortunately not. UD is my favorite ROM but I have moved over to CM 6.1 until UD 2.0 is fixed, just too many things that are not quite right yet, And UD 1.0 does not have all the features I need.

Hope this helps...

Dalene

Unfortunately not. UD is my favorite ROM but I have moved over to CM 6.1 until UD 2.0 is fixed, just too many things that are not quite right yet, And UD 1.0 does not have all the features I need. I keep checking this forum hourly hoping for UD 2.0.1

sure wish i wasn't brave enough to have tried this. looks like now all i can access is the newest version that force closes all the time. :mad:

Hey - the version in extras works now. Happy Camper again till the issue is resolved...

Last edited:
Back