Tag Home (Home Replacement)

kiwiguy

Reaction score
I have been using Tag Home for past 24 hours and really like it - no Fc's, no lags, just nice fast fluid motion.

It also means I can get rid of a lot of folders from my screens as Tag Home's tabs are just as fast to access them - and are immediately accessible from any screen I am on.

tktouch12

Reaction score
i just got this, and i actually really like it. i was using helix 2, but i like this better, especially with the smaller page icons at the top

posprg

Reaction score
Tag Home

After the last update I tried this again and I have to say that I have only had 1 FC in 2 days now. Working great.

OP
gardobus

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm still using it and like it quite a bit. I think the only option I'd like now would be skins. The stock looking drawer is kinda meh. Lol.

Edit: Still no FCs for me :D

Sal R.

Reaction score
I am really liking it so far. It has replaced H1 as my launcher app.

Just got an email back from the dev and BetterCut support is on the way.

Yay!

OP
gardobus

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Newest update has BetterCut support and you can use web url shortcuts.

OP
gardobus

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Same here. The only thing I want to do is skin the drawer. I can make the tab transparent so thats fine but the drawer itself is too Stock. Needs to be black/transparent.

REMilk

Reaction score
I am running stock 2.1 on my Motorola Droid.

I have been using Tag for a couple of hours. It seems to have good promise. It feels 'snappier'/quicker than Helix.

I like the tagging and organization capability in the app drawer and that you can "TAG" an organized group and add it to the desktop/home page.

I am not quite ready to switch from Helix.

I would like to see a couple of enhancements:
Have the ability to change the folder icon of the "TAG"ged group on the desktop/home page. a Bunch of folder icons make for an ugly screen.

In the area around the app drawer, I would like the ability to add shortcuts, other than app shortcuts, such as direct call, in this area.

As I previously stated, TAG shows a lot of promise and for me could replace Helix for the home screen.

Just my opinion, most likely yours will differ.

Bob

redheadch

Reaction score
I really like this home replacement. I tried it out a couple days ago and it was much faster than helix 2. I liked the tags and it was much faster than helix, but I really like disabling the icon names and having more than 5 screens. I will have to keep up on the updates and hope those features are added soon! It is a definite contender!

masterxchief

Reaction score
This launcher works pretty well but i notice that my widgets have to be reloaded every time I switch from portrait to landscape, undock my phone from the multimedia stand, and sometimes even when I unlock my phone. This causes lag that leaves me unable to do anything until everything is done loading. Does anyone else have this issue? I'm running Cyanogen Mod 5.0.6.2 with bekits 1Ghz LV kernel

OP
gardobus

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only thing keeping me from using Tag is the fugly stock drawer. :(

Plus Helix1 still runs faster IMO. Which sucks because the tag categories are cool lol

Taegost

Reaction score
I love this app. I've tried a few different launchers, and this is by far the best one I've used... I only use the desktop screens for widgets now, the categories help me keep my apps organized better then those screens ever could, and if I wipe and install a new ROM, Titanium Backup puts Tag Home back in with all my settings in place!
I would just like to be able to skin the drawer with the Smoked Glass, but it's a small price to pay :)

Taegost

Reaction score
How did you get the tabs at the bottom of your screens?

Those are part of the Tag Home app, and the reason why I love it.. It makes it easy to sort the apps into categories, and assign a priority to them so they'll appear closer to the top of the screen, too!