text messages

dkirkpatrick

Reaction score
How do or can you resend a text message to the same person without having to forward it back to them. hmm

Laurence5905

Reaction score
Assuming you're using the built-in Messaging App, you long-press on the message you want to re-send, select Forward and type in the person you want to send it to. If it's the same person, or a different person, doesn't matter.

You can also (with the long-press above) select Copy Message Text and it will copy it to the clipboard. A long-press inside the Text Box of a new message will allow you to paste that text in there.

TcRoc

Reaction score
Still getting my S3 to where I want it, came from a Thunderbolt,, Everything is going well but I want my text messsages from my thunderbolt,, I still have the thunderbolt,, how do I Transfer them over?

delcopa

Reaction score
Still getting my S3 to where I want it, came from a Thunderbolt,, Everything is going well but I want my text messsages from my thunderbolt,, I still have the thunderbolt,, how do I Transfer them over?

don't recall the name but there is an sms backup/restore app out there. I would do a quick search in the marketplace for sms backup then Google of nothing found. Just removed it from my phone a few days ago out would be able to give you the name.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ericadub2

Reaction score
I have a gs3. When I text certain people there is a lil x to the right of their name. Does anyone else have this or know what it means? I go to click on it but it's not possible.

Kelly622

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
galaxy s3
I am not getting notified when I receive text messages

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Check your notifications settings. Make sure it's on for SMS's

Kelly622

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
galaxy s3
I checked my settings everything is on. I'm not even getting the envelope or a preview of my message and I do have that option turned on

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Kelly, what phone or tablet are you using?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Ok. Hang on a sec.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Some possible solutions...

Make sure your phone is not in the silent mode, check this by going to Settings> Sound> Ensure the Silent mode is turned off.
Make sure you have ticked the Notification option under Messaging app settings.
Make sure you have ticked the Email Notification option under your Email account settings.
Make sure you have adjusted the volume so you can hear the tone of an incoming message or email, check this by going to Settings> Sound> Volume> adjust the Notifications volume bar to the right to increase of the volume.
Check whether you have enabled blocking mode on your phone, check this by going to Settings> Blocking Mode> (if blocking mode is enabled) then make sure the Disable notifications option is not checked .
See also : How to Customize Option on Blocking Mode on Samsung Galaxy S3
If your Samsung Galaxy SIII running with the Android Jelly Bean, make sure you have checked Show Notifications in Messaging app and Email app. Do this thing by going to Settings> Application Manager> Go to the app (Messaging and email)> tick the box next to Show Notifications.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Looking for more.