The Nexus One / Google Phone & Verizon - What We Know

J-Buck

Reaction score
Come on people the N1 is cool, but not a big thing unless you DON't have a droid yet. PLease don't have buyers remorse, we must remember Moore's Law "The number of transistors on an integrated circuit will double every 18 months" Theres going to be so many Android phones coming out, and you can't be salty each time there is a new kid on the block.

J-Buck

Reaction score
I thought the N1 was supposed to be invite only at first. seems anyone can order it right now. ??
https://www.google.com/phone/choose?locale=en_US&s7e= i'll let u see for urself :)

how far do I have to go in order to find out? after logging into my google account, it wants me to put in billing info.
all you do is click the link and it tells you the prices of the phone. thats all i was trying to show u. maybe its cuz i was already logged into gmail?

db83

Reaction score
so then is it accurate for me to assume that anyone can order a phone? or is there some step after putting in billing info that is supposed to stop me if I don't have an invite? I'm not exactly willing to post my billing info and accidentally wind up with a phone I can't use on verizon.

J-Buck

Reaction score
so then is it accurate for me to assume that anyone can order a phone? or is there some step after putting in billing info that is supposed to stop me if I don't have an invite? I'm not exactly willing to post my billing info and accidentally wind up with a phone I can't use on verizon.
Yes anyone can order the phone. You can buy it unlocked, with a t-mobile contract, any by spring with a verizon or vodaphone contract

///Mangler

Reaction score
Can I just have a low power FM transmitter and visual voicemail??? How hard is that?

T

rokky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Asus PadFone X
Be careful of what you ask for ...

Yes anyone can order the phone. You can buy it unlocked, with a t-mobile contract, any by spring with a verizon or vodaphone contract

Do not expect the model that is initially being sold for activation on T-Mobile to work on Verizon since that would be trying to get a GSM phone to work on a CDMA network. Unless it has one of those hybrid cellular radio chipsets that can be programmed for either type of network, it ain't gonna work.

gentlefury

Reaction score
Can I just have a low power FM transmitter and visual voicemail??? How hard is that?

T

Youmail is an awesome FREE visual voicemail program ;) i put a different greeting on for each of my contacts lol. check out www.youmail.com :D

Google Voice is the best!

I wonder if you get an auto-invite to Google Voice if you purchase a Nexus....seems like you should.