★☆★ The Official "I got my Galaxy Nexus" Thread ★☆★

eddie7

Reaction score
I was looking to buy a GNEX. And I was going to even add a 3rd line. Then I went on CL looking to trade or buy. Found a guy willing to trade straight up for my Razr. His reason was he was unhappy with the camera and wanted the 8mp. Both of our phones were in like new condition. He got a home and car dock, but I think I still got the best end of the deal. :biggrin:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Not in my hands YET, but should have a Gnex by tomorrow afternoon. Had a huge struggle yesterday with what to order. Gnex, Maxx and D4 were all $149 on upgrade. I hope I love this phone. I loved my D1 to death...literally. Went with the Nexus as I am a little bitter with Motorola over their locked bootloaders. Went back and forth, I like having the physical keyboard, I like removable storage, I like a replaceable battery and I love vanilla android with the ability to be customized. I just hope that I don't get a lemon on the signal front and that a new phone does not come out in 31 days that blows the doors off the nexus.

Congrats cpd!! I love mine, best of luck with it!!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I was looking to buy a GNEX. And I was going to even add a 3rd line. Then I went on CL looking to trade or buy. Found a guy willing to trade straight up for my Razr. His reason was he was unhappy with the camera and wanted the 8mp. Both of our phones were in like new condition. He got a home and car dock, but I think I still got the best end of the deal. :biggrin:

Great deal indeed!! Congrats!!

And sbenson, you get major points for using "turd."

Johnnyb

Reaction score
Just got it this afternoon. So far I like it a lot. Still getting used to the virtual keyboard, I came from a Droid 3.

I'm completely used to the virtual keyboard...and typing on it faster than the physical keyboard of my Droid3. By the way...anyone wanna buy a 1 year old D3, rooted and ROM'd with SteelDroid's ICS? ;-) (I'm not really trying to sell this in this thread...I'm not even sure if it's allowed on this forum)

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
It is a fast keyboard, I stick with the stock one for that reason. (And buying, selling, trading is not allowed on the forums).

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
sbenson said:
I highly recommend Swype. It doesn't get much faster than that.

+1 and there is a site somewhere with themed Swype keyboards as well if you'd want a themed keyboard...if I find the link I'll post it, if it's allowed (I know posting themed Swype keyboards seem to be frown upon in many forums)

FryFTW

Reaction score
I finally acquired my GNex!!! Happiness all through my residence DancingNexus

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Congrats fry!! Best of luck with it :biggrin:

msu

Reaction score
Well I picked my Nexus up last Friday and retired my DX to someone that broke there Iphone 4s. LOL I love the screen and speed along with ICS. But the battery life and drop signal just plain sucks. I'm still reading, but once I get it figured out it will be rooted and so on. Probably will get a extended battery also (2100).

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Congrats msu!! And the issues seem to be hit or miss so do your research and see what you can come up with.

rayhodge02

Reaction score
Well I picked my Nexus up last Friday and retired my DX to someone that broke there Iphone 4s. LOL I love the screen and speed along with ICS. But the battery life and drop signal just plain sucks. I'm still reading, but once I get it figured out it will be rooted and so on. Probably will get a extended battery also (2100).

I have the extended battery on my rooted gnex I get almost 24 hours but I had to mess with kernels

Tapped on Rays Gnex

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
msu said:

The biggest and best thing you can do to help battery is keeping the screen brightness as low as you can stand all the time...my experience is lowest brightness = 3-4 hours screen on time, high brightness = 1.5-2 hours (I don't put my phone down enough to really test standby time)

msu

Reaction score
The biggest and best thing you can do to help battery is keeping the screen brightness as low as you can stand all the time...my experience is lowest brightness = 3-4 hours screen on time, high brightness = 1.5-2 hours (I don't put my phone down enough to really test standby time)

Well since I posted last, I got the 2100 battery, rooted, put gummy and now Aokp. I have used the kernals that came with the roms and francos. I also turned down my voltage and dropped down one on my cpu max. With all of that, I never get more then 8 hours. I was however just using auto adjust on the screen, but now I'm trying to run with screen on the lowest setting I can handle, but in the sun it has to be on auto for me or I can't see it. Kind of a shame that we have to do this with such a pretty screen. Love the phone, hate the battery life.

Although I'm complaining a little, I will keep on it and try to figure all the settings in Franco app out. Maybe I will find the right settings and be happy.

Last edited: