The Official 'I just got my Droid Turbo 2' Thread!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sound off here if and when you get your Motorola Droid Turbo 2!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I guess I will be the first to post here. I just spent a few hours at my local Verizon store and then on the phone with VZW sales. I just ordered 2 custom designed Droid Turbo 2 phones from the Moto Maker website; one for me and one for the wife. I took advantage of their Black Friday sales and an additional $100 off coupon sent to me from VZW. Phones should be here NLT 11 December, but I expect that is a worst case estimate. Will post back again when we get them and my initial impression.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I guess I will be the first to post here. I just spent a few hours at my local Verizon store and then on the phone with VZW sales. I just ordered 2 custom designed Droid Turbo 2 phones from the Moto Maker website; one for me and one for the wife. I took advantage of their Black Friday sales and an additional $100 off coupon sent to me from VZW. Phones should be here NLT 11 December, but I expect that is a worst case estimate. Will post back again when we get them and my initial impression.
Day late and dollar short. Would have loved to make the jump. Maybe I'll get on the the phone with support tomorrow and see what kind of deal I can work out.

Sent from my X98 Air 3G(C5J6) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JRParsons

Reaction score
All right I'll jump in. I'm on week 2 with my Turbo 2. I'm coming off a 3 year run of Samsung phones. First, I have no intention of testing the shatterproof claims, I'll leave that to the you tubers. Personally I loved my Samsungs, but got tired of looking for a charger at dinner time.
My impressions of the T2 are pretty positive. I can't kill the battery in a day, but I doubt I'd make the purported 48 hours. The feel of the soft grip is much better than the back of my S5 and I really like the gold frame. The bezels are large, some may find that unattractive. I don't really have an opinion. The lack of a second speaker has been criticized, but stereo speakers that close together may as well be 1 speaker. The volume is good.
IMO the Sammy"s software is better. I miss the "close all" command in the recent apps screen and the task manager. I also really miss the ability to hide apps, make the screen smaller, and take a screen shot by waving over the screen. That being said, the ability to turn on the flashlight by shaking the phone is cool.
Overall I would trade my S5 for the T2 again. If I could have gotten 20 or more hours out of the Samsung it would have been a much harder choice.

If anyone is thinking of a T2 and has questions, I'll follow this thread, and like most people on this forum will answer if I can.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Sajo jumped already? Thought you just got the T1 a few months ago?

/jealous...
I did, back in August. And I love it, it is a great phone. But $300 off a new one, custom designed on Moto Maker is hard to pass up. Sure, I had to sign up for monthly payments to get the deal, and change my plan. But I can sell my current phone and pay off the balance of the new one and still save over $60 a month on my bill. Not a tough decision in my mind.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
OK so VZW has the Turbo 2 today for 50% off.
Only $480 for the 32GB. Wait... $480 is 50% off? So the T2 is $960 retail??
And people think the Priv is expensive??

//edit// NVM. That's if you trade in an existing device...

So could I trade in my T1 mid-contract? Probably not, eh? lol

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The retail price is $624. On Friday they were offering $200 off to any customer and $300 off to new customers. But only if you select the monthly payment plan, not if you pay retail price. You may have to change your current plan to get the deals. For me, it was worth it. But that may not be the same decision for everyone.

Wadman

Reaction score
I have had my Turbo 2 for about 3 weeks now. I love it. I have posted in another thread but I figured since this is the "official" thread I will share. Battery life is fantastic. I had a note 1, 2, and 3 as my last 3 phones. I told my wife I wouldn't upgrade until a phone really stood out to me spec, and design wise. And after playing with the phone, it fits the bill. It's fast, reliable, and I don't have to use a case. The screen isn't the brightest screen I've ever seen, but after a few fishing trips with it, I have noticed it does fine in the sun. It does get a little bit hot with heavy use, but not enough to be concerned. The turbo charge is amazing. The camera has no lag at all, and takes sharp, clear pictures. I love the slow motion setting....I have 2 boys ages 3 and 7 so they love to watch themselves in slo mo. All in all, a fantastic phone. It's good to get back to my roots with the droid family. Had the OG droid, and the droid x....figured it was time to come home..lol..enjoy your phones guys.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just opened mine up and charged it. Dark blue nylon back with light blue accents and champagne aluminum frame. As soon as I eat some dinner its time to get this bad boy setup and running.

508289a21c6624147cd0f55542b548c6.jpg