The Official 'I just got my Droid Turbo 2' Thread!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
@sajokaz I thought you were going to wait?? Dang it....now I gotta make the jump lol
I was. Then they offered me $300 off on Black Friday only. Had to change my whole plan around but new phone on payment plan for $324, which I can pay off selling my Turbo, AND saved me $60 a month overall. Deal.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have to say this. I have read several reviews that say the new Droid (Turbo 2) is a very utilitarian design, meant for the rugged types. Who the heck are these reviewers? After holding this thing it is as sleek, modern and cool looking as any Samsung, HTC, LG or iPhone I saw in the Verizon store.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

lsheldon

Reaction score
I got mine today. Ordered it on Black Friday. I got the designed by you 64GB version for 420.00 after 300.00 in discounts. They also gave me 200.00 in account credit for my Razor Maxx HD which I've stuck with for over 3 years now. So far I'm pretty happy with it.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Need MOAR PICTURES.

This whole "1 free redesign" thing is pretty damn fantastic, too.

I have to say this. I have read several reviews that say the new Droid (Turbo 2) is a very utilitarian design, meant for the rugged types. Who the heck are these reviewers? After holding this thing it is as sleek, modern and cool looking as any Samsung, HTC, LG or iPhone I saw in the Verizon store.

I have also read some reviews that also say things like that. I have not held a T2 yet, but I think most reviews are directly comparing it to the S6, iPhone 6, G4. Frankly I think the G4\G3 feels so very lux in the hand. Small bezels and that curved back really make it feel a bit more premium then my T1. Same with the S6 Edge. Feels GOOD in the hand.
Not that the T1 feels bad or "brick like" to me. Not even a tiny bit. But directly comparing it to my favoritley designed phone, G3/G4, it doesn't feel AS modern. So I believe review sites are overblowing it a bit. Making it sound much worse then it is.

Although I do agree from pics I've seen: do NOT get the White T2.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Need MOAR PICTURES.

This whole "1 free redesign" thing is pretty damn fantastic, too.

I have also read some reviews that also say things like that. I have not held a T2 yet, but I think most reviews are directly comparing it to the S6, iPhone 6, G4. Frankly I think the G4\G3 feels so very lux in the hand. Small bezels and that curved back really make it feel a bit more premium then my T1. Same with the S6 Edge. Feels GOOD in the hand.
Not that the T1 feels bad or "brick like" to me. Not even a tiny bit. But directly comparing it to my favoritley designed phone, G3/G4, it doesn't feel AS modern. So I believe review sites are overblowing it a bit. Making it sound much worse then it is.

Although I do agree from pics I've seen: do NOT get the White T2.

I probably should have paid the extra for the 64GB and one free re-design, but I didn't. 32GB phone with a 32GB SD card should be plenty for me. For me personally, I did not like the way the S6 Edge felt....too slippery and awkward to hold. But that's just my opinion, we all have to find a phone that we like and feel comfortable carrying around. I also agree that I was not crazy about the white soft grip back on the T2. I can see that becoming very faded and dirty looking over time. Got mine all setup & running last night & like it a lot so far.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
The one review I read didn't like the white because you can see all the sensors and everything on the front.

Look at this thing:
motorola-droid-turbo-2-review.jpg

Bleh... no offense to anyone that got one but ... bleh.

I didn't think I'd like the S6 Edge at all. Surprised that I actually liked it a lot.

The redesign thing is cool too because you can do it in 2 years and get a fresh battery. :D

Pretty stoked to have a (more then I will ever need) 128 GB phone. Got this for $20:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W77C1QU?redirect=true&ref_=s9_cxhsh_co_g147_i3

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Won't get mine til next Fri... :( Really? Guess they aren't assembled in TX no more...

Tap'n Turbo

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Won't get mine til next Fri... :( Really? Guess they aren't assembled in TX no more...

Tap'n Turbo
I got the same date on my Turbo2 order. I imagine it will be sooner than that. When I ordered my son the 360, it arrived about a week before their expected date.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

lsheldon

Reaction score

Tap'n Turbo

I ordered mine 11/27 using the Designed By You option and it wasn't supposed to be delivered until 12/08. It arrived yesterday on 12/1, and no they aren't assembled in Texas any more. They are built in China and shipped from Hong Kong Airport to the US. However, from time of shipping of mine from Hong Kong airport to delivery to me in Washington State was about 24 hours, including customs clearance. I couldn't believe how fast it got here.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score

Tap'n Turbo

LOL Not if they're built in the same plant as the Moto X Pure's. I just got the tracking info for the MXPE that my wife is getting for Christmas. The origination point is "SHENZHEN, CN CN"

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yes the new plant is in Shenzen China. It moved there from TX when Lenovo bought Motorola. The shipping estimates are a little over-exaggerated. I ordered mine on Friday and the estimated arrival date was 12/08. I received it last night. My wife's phone is stuck in Customs, but has made it to the US already. You should get your phone a few days sooner than the estimated arrival date.