The Ultimate Droid 3.0.0 Beta - 7 Phones - Nexus S Updated 1/10/11

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Keyboard lights and 4 lights at bottom do not work. Notification lights work. Had one reboot so far.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ah ok those are the lights they're talking about...that i can deal with

moset

Reaction score
This is the best GB I've flashed so far. Sweet. Nothing I can't work around. Thanks blackdroid!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Has anyone started themeing any of these gb roms...if so are you running into issues there are multiple parts that even when changed still stay the same like most of the status bar...this has been happening to me on every gb rom that's out

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I noticed on the last GB Rom I used, alot of the files got moved/renamed in the framework. That might be part of the issue?

geoff5093

Reaction score
I noticed as well that they keyboard and notification lights don't work, it did right after flashing but after a second reboot it no longer works.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
this is actually an awesome "beta"...pretty functional...only thing missing is the led notification tweaks under user interface...if we can get that on here, then this ROM would become my permanent one

one thing i noticed though is if you set your transitions to fast, the on/off TV transitions disappear....which kinda sucks...anyway to work around that

Great work as always!

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Has anyone started themeing any of these gb roms...if so are you running into issues there are multiple parts that even when changed still stay the same like most of the status bar...this has been happening to me on every gb rom that's out

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I was going to wait till a stable fully working ROM was out. But I think I will be pulling the framework apart tomorrow night to see what changed.

jatx2wne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Alot of the pngs are all the same jthe only major difference I have noticed is that the status bar xmls are now part of styles and not in layout. But if I change say status bar header, status bar close on, they stay exactly the same and I cant find any of the original files anywhere in framework, I even went ahead and swapped out the pngs in mdpi just in case. Its frustrating the heck out of me

illmatic636

Reaction score
Has it been confirmed that there's a RIL issue with the GB build for the Droid?

Hey BP , that would be great if you themed it, however this data issue on ALL the GB Roms are a deal breaker here. Patiently waiting for that to be fixed. Then I'll rock Twisted on GB. Just not sure who's yet! dancedroid

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Alot of the pngs are all the same jthe only major difference I have noticed is that the status bar xmls are now part of styles and not in layout. But if I change say status bar header, status bar close on, they stay exactly the same and I cant find any of the original files anywhere in framework, I even went ahead and swapped out the pngs in mdpi just in case. Its frustrating the heck out of me

Thanks for the warning, sounds like my wife is going to be hating me, my Droid, Droid Forums, Theming, and anything else she can think of this weekend when I spend all my time at my PC working on this...lol

Has it been confirmed that there's a RIL issue with the GB build for the Droid?

Hey BP , that would be great if you themed it, however this data issue on ALL the GB Roms are a deal breaker here. Patiently waiting for that to be fixed. Then I'll rock Twisted on GB. Just not sure who's yet! dancedroid

Thanks!!!

I feel the same way about the data issue. I have flashed a few GB ROMS over the past few days but go back to my backup after playing for an hour or so. I'm going to get started porting Inception to GB that way it is ready to go...

Last edited:

wcaudle

Reaction score
Data issues

Performed a triple wipe and installed this morning. 3G service came and went several times and would never get weather on the Fancy Widget. Went back to 2.5. Maybe all the kinks can be worked out quickly. The speed on this new Gingerbread looked great.

illmatic636

Reaction score
Performed a triple wipe and installed this morning. 3G service came and went several times and would never get weather on the Fancy Widget. Went back to 2.5. Maybe all the kinks can be worked out quickly. The speed on this new Gingerbread looked great.

I agree, the speed and use of power seems to be better than Froyo.
The 3 wipe thing is a waste of time. once you wipe, your wiped. Nothing left to wipe again for. Just an FYI

OP
RafficaX

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
you can toggle air plane mode to bring 3g back or dial *22899, either one brings 3g back.

Reaction score
I've been running this Rom since abt 7 or 8 this morning and its now 1:30pm (about 6 hours) and i've havent had any major problems except the known issue with data/3g cutting off (switch airplane mode off then on to fix) and keyboard light (toggle thru brightness controls for fix) other than that its been running extra smooth, no lags, choppyness, reboots, or anything...runs like a full rom on my Droid =)

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
hmm just lost 3g and wasn't able to bring it back with airplane mode toggle...was enjoying this too....might have to flash back till we get some stability

definitely an amazing ROM though