OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ha! Me, get an advance copy? lol
I honestly had no clue it was coming out tonight. I'll have to check the changelog to see if anything has been modified to the extent that the original themes would still be useable.
The "all-metal" isn't really getting an update. Just the original with wood-grain.
Been busier than expected and I want to get the boot animation done before I release the update. So it's looking more like Friday night.
Friday night works for me.

I spend some time in the cvpcs IRC. I believe I heard Sniffle13 or cvpcs say that with this release they were going to start giving the Theme devs advance copies of the ROM's before releasing them. Give them a shout.

Mike
How would Thursday morning sound?

OP updated with newest version: update1!!!!

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Carl How would one update work for all versions? As framework has changed from version to version? Hint for 1.1.1 Just port Framework-res.apk and Camera.apk and release a new update!!

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Carl How would one update work for all versions? As framework has changed from version to version? Hint for 1.1.1 Just port Framework-res.apk and Camera.apk and release a new update!!
I re-upped the theme with proper framework-res.apk so it is now current. And I didn't theme the camera so no worries about that! Phew!
Nobody downloaded it so there shouldn't be any issues.

New file is in the OP.
All metal version is also updated in the 2nd post.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

schmaltzy

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast turn around! Lovin' the metal theme for a week now!

schmaltzy

Reaction score
Just installed. I must say, I really like the boot animation! It's simple and not flashy....executive like!

mtkregs

Reaction score
Carl,
I'm not a fan of woodgrain, but the all metal theme is nice. The design of the notification bar is great and so are your widget and settings menu themes. The only thing I would change about the theme is to change the bottom of the notification pull down shade from woodgrain to a steely or black color.

I did have a bunch of force closes while flashing the theme over Sapphire 1.1.1 though. Every time I opened the Android Market app, I would get a bunch of force close messages. So, I had to uninstall it.

I'm back to the stock theme now, but if I could figure out how to grab only your notification bar from the theme and install it, I would as it is my favorite out of all the themes I have installed to date.

Nice work man!

BullDroid

Reaction score
Carl,
I'm not a fan of woodgrain, but the all metal theme is nice. I design of the notification bar is great and so are your widget and settings menu themes. The only thing I would change about the theme is to change the bottom of the notification pull down shade from woodgrain to a steely or black color.

I did have a bunch of force closes while flashing the theme over Sapphire 1.1.1 though. Every time I opened the Android Market app, I would get a bunch of force close messages. So, I had to uninstall it.

I'm back to the stock theme now, but if I could figure out how to grab only your notification bar from the theme and install it, I would as it is my favorite out of all the themes I have installed to date.

Nice work man!

i'm having the same issues with the excutive theme over 1.1.1. Market gets tons of force closes but every once in awhile market works fine with no issues. Just a lil annoying right but otherwise lovin the theme man! Did a great job with this one!!

*EDIT* Also wanted to point out that I ran Fix Permissions in Rom Manager but still ahve the Market force close issues.

Last edited:

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Carl,
I'm not a fan of woodgrain, but the all metal theme is nice. The design of the notification bar is great and so are your widget and settings menu themes. The only thing I would change about the theme is to change the bottom of the notification pull down shade from woodgrain to a steely or black color.Nice work man!

I agree - I love everything about the all metal version except that bottom pull down bar, it just doesn't fit with the theme IMO. Everything else absolutely ROCKS - the 3G and WiFi icons are the best I have seen and the power control widget is just smooth as silk!!!

Haven't installed it over 1.1.1 yet though - want to see what comes of the (potential) market issue ...

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anybody else have issues with the market? I did a clean install on top of sapphire 1.1.1 and I'm not getting any force closes. It's a little slow....but no fc 's.

Also, did you guys who installed the theme update do so on a clean install?

ludi

Reaction score
1.1.1 clean install, went back and wiped dalvik as extra precaution, applied metal ver, and i too am experiencing market FCs

mtkregs

Reaction score
Anybody else have issues with the market? I did a clean install on top of sapphire 1.1.1 and I'm not getting any force closes. It's a little slow....but no fc 's.

Also, did you guys who installed the theme update do so on a clean install?
Yes, it was a clean install over stock theme w/data and cache wipe.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Weird. Ill try to replicate the problem when I get home tonight. Maybe use the vending.apk in the new sapphire. Should be the same as 1.1.0......
I'll get back to you guys by tomorrow.

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Already have the issue figured out. Will post the fix tonight after work.

Mikejl

Reaction score
No Market FC's here. I did both clean installs and installs over 1.1 trying to troubleshoot a different problem with speech-to-text. I went to the Market several times in both scenarios.

Mike