[HACKS] [Toolkit] Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.0 [Updated 11/26/12]

zero7404

Reaction score
so i gather this thread's not a high priority to you guys ....

anyway i messed with the toolkit and i like it. i like how i don't need to install cwm recovery and i can still boot into it using the temp cwm recovery option .... that way i can backup my phone the way i'm used to, then save the backup on my pc later ....

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
so i gather this thread's not a high priority to you guys ....

anyway i messed with the toolkit and i like it. i like how i don't need to install cwm recovery and i can still boot into it using the temp cwm recovery option .... that way i can backup my phone the way i'm used to, then save the backup on my pc later ....

Hey. I am sorry that I missed your questions. It's just me working on this so it's hard to keep up with all the forums. I am releasing v1.5 tonight, so if that version doesn't answer your questions I will be happy to help you out.

{{ WugFresh }}

zero7404

Reaction score
the current ver. seems to work fine ...
no need to apologize, this toolkit is awesome, i'm def. donating to keep it alive.

so i unlocked, rooted without cwm, and used the temp cwm to do a backup. i have ota rootkeeper, ill use that wen 4.1 hits the airwaves to preserve root.

can i use the toolkit to boot into temp cwm after i reroot on 4.1, then do an advanced restore to get my settings/layout back to the way i had it ?

i'm assuming the update will restore the phone to factory new settings ....

posted via android ....

ntrddragn

Reaction score
I cant get my phone into recovery with the down volume+pwr button. i can only do if i use the interface by clicking the reboot to bootloader option. What am i doing wrong?

Mrbobdou

Reaction score
You need to flash a modded su.zip for 4.0.4 - Goo.im Downloads - Downloading su.zip

You could boot into clockwork and flash that. Or replace the su.zip that is currently in the package with that one and run through the root process again.

It resides here:
%HOMEDRIVE%\Wugs_GnexRootToolkit\data\su.zip

Version 1.4 of my program will include this... but for now, the above solution will work.

{{ WugFresh }}

I just tried Version 1.4 and it did not root the phone (running 4.0.4). I was going to try and push su again through your post I quoted, however, I don't see data\su.zip so I didn't want to keep trying that set of instructions. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Re-running the "root" script seemed to have worked, for some reason it didn't work the first time, but worked fine the 2nd time!

THANKS!!!!

Mrbobdou

Reaction score
I cant get my phone into recovery with the down volume+pwr button. i can only do if i use the interface by clicking the reboot to bootloader option. What am i doing wrong?
- Pretty sure you need to hold both both the down and the up volume buttons, not just the down volume button. So volume up + volume down + power.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Mrbobdou said:
- Pretty sure you need to hold both both the down and the up volume buttons, not just the down volume button. So volume up + volume down + power.

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. Thanks. :)

nubby

Reaction score
Any suggestions on the backup utilities? Do I do each one separately?
KXjBKJFNWavo36HkY3vY567UMo5S+o1z4AAAA18P9lDQA4lYdoRwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Version 1.5.5 is up is now up in the OP. Sorry for not keeping up with this thread. I will keep it updated from now on.

{{ WugFresh }}

en28so

Reaction score
WugFresh said:
Version 1.5.5 is up is now up in the OP. Sorry for not keeping up with this thread. I will keep it updated from now on.

{{ WugFresh }}

Hi when I try to install the toolkit, it says program incompatible with your system. Weird. I used this program before on another Windows 7 computer and it worked fine. I got windows 7 premium 64bit.

en28so

Reaction score
en28so said:
Hi when I try to install the toolkit, it says program incompatible with your system. Weird. I used this program before on another Windows 7 computer and it worked fine. I got windows 7 premium 64bit.

Nevermind. I was able to install it. I just deleted and download it again.

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Version 1.6.0 is now out. You can get it through the updater (Help > About), or grab the full version in the OP. Enjoy ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}

az_biker

Reaction score
4.2 back to 4.1

Version 1.6.0 is now out. You can get it through the updater (Help > About), or grab the full version in the OP. Enjoy ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}

I used your toolkit to root my Gnex Lte, is was great! I am wondering if your toolkit can also revert from 4.2 back to 4.1? I was really happy on a RBJ 4.1.2 rom and a new RBJ update came out (didn't know about the 4.2 to 4.1 issue), and being the crack flasher I am, I flashed it, but didn't like the quick settings, lost deep sleep, blah blah. Went to restore my prev rom, backup gone! Tried to reflash the rom from sd card, eternal bootloop. I am seeing some folks suggesting to use your toolkit to revert to stock, re-root, and start over. Is this possible and safe with your toolkit? Thanks in advance for yor time!

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I used your toolkit to root my Gnex Lte, is was great! I am wondering if your toolkit can also revert from 4.2 back to 4.1? I was really happy on a RBJ 4.1.2 rom and a new RBJ update came out (didn't know about the 4.2 to 4.1 issue), and being the crack flasher I am, I flashed it, but didn't like the quick settings, lost deep sleep, blah blah. Went to restore my prev rom, backup gone! Tried to reflash the rom from sd card, eternal bootloop. I am seeing some folks suggesting to use your toolkit to revert to stock, re-root, and start over. Is this possible and safe with your toolkit? Thanks in advance for yor time!

Yeah go for it. You can flash any build with "Flash Stock + Unroot" regardless of what you are currently running.

Just update the toolkit to 1.6.1 and also redownload the matter lists.. Help > About...

{{ WugFresh }}

maslan

Reaction score
Partial Restore

Is there anyway to just restore certain items? I accidentally deleted EVERYTHING on my phone and the ONLY backup i had was one done with this tool kit about a week before that. I have since got the phone back up and running - however i want to restore only the Photos/Videos that are on that backup. (I told it to backup everything when i did it and it is like 7 1/2gig). If not restore - is there a way to pull items out of a backup?

Thanks for any suggestions.