Transparent Notification Bar

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sweet Mbk, was it the image I just posted???

jimmydene84

Reaction score
so will there be a MM zip without the little bar at the bottom?? Not that it looks bad with it...but without looks better :)

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
so will there be a MM zip without the little bar at the bottom?? Not that it looks bad with it...but without looks better :)
LOL... yes I'm working on one right now... however wihtout the line there it'll also look sorta weird in other screens, like the lockscreen and some others, since those masks the transparency with a slightly tinted transparent layer of their own... so what I'm trying to do is to make that status bar transarency have a little tint to match.... hopefully...

ecsnead nailed it in the beginning, I just pinpointed the actual title_bar_shadow.9.png, no class of 'shadow.9' pngs...;)

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I was thinking of trying a solid black gradient to xparent to give it some background. I figured that if you had a white bg in some apps the clock and other stuff might "disappear"....

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You had the right idea from when I posted that first screenshot, and it was indeed the Title_Bar_Shadow.9.PNG... so here's the MetaMorph for those that would like to try it out...
I couldn't get it tinted to match the other screens, so I just matched it to blend in with the homescreen only (screenshots below), and thanks to ecsnead we now are 'line-less' :p ;)...

drpurp

Reaction score
Cool you guys found it. I was able to find my old MM and I brought back my transparent bar. Icons are from rEVOlution, but I tweaked them so it looks acceptable against black and white backgrounds. :)

transstat.png

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What old MM??

jimmydene84

Reaction score
had to flash it 2 times, but it finally took....persistance definatly pays off!

drpurp

Reaction score
I made a MM theme a few months ago when I used Zune Launcher as my main launcher. I grew tired of it later and stashed the MM on my HD because at the time I didn't like the default launcher and LauncherPro kept the bar non-transparent.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
. I was able to find my old MM and I brought back my transparent bar.
What old MM is that??... because the behaivior is identical to the MM I just made...???

EDIT:...lol, we just posted at the same time... post your MM, I'd like to see what you did different but yet uit acts the same...;)

drpurp

Reaction score
Most likely, I haven't read the new posts. The images in the framework-res I changes was some of the stats (added shadow), some tweaks to notifications (status_bar_*), and made these two blank transparents:

statusbar_background.9
title_bar_shadow.9

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Most likely, I haven't read the new posts. The images in the framework-res I changes was some of the stats (added shadow), some tweaks to notifications (status_bar_*), and made these two blank transparents:

statusbar_background.9
title_bar_shadow.9
What I meant was that I'd like to look at your .9 PNGs to see what you did...;)

drpurp

Reaction score
Ahh, ok! I zipped the folder. I also found the image I posted at xda when I made the theme. It was incomplete for some reason so I never distributed the MM.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nice job drpurp..;)... althouigh you edited the titelbar_shadow png different, but the statius bar was basically the same, only size difference.

All in all yours looks good...:)