Transparent Notification Bar

drpurp

Reaction score
Nice job drpurp..;)... althouigh you edited the titelbar_shadow png different, but the statius bar was basically the same, only size difference.

All in all yours looks good...:)

Thanks, I think it was big because the theme that I tweaked had the image that size. I'm glad you guys were able to get the transparency, and now I can appreciate my wallpapers again! :icon_ banana:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nice job drpurp..;)... althouigh you edited the titelbar_shadow png different, but the statius bar was basically the same, only size difference.

Thanks, I think it was big because the theme that I tweaked had the image that size. I'm glad you guys were able to get the transparency, and now I can appreciate my wallpapers again! :icon_ banana:
Most of the framework images took, but none of the accompanying APKs took, they should have since they contained only images...XML looks written correct.

drpurp

Reaction score

Most of the framework images took, but none of the accompanying APKs took, they should have since they contained only images...XML looks written correct.

Whoops, forgot those were in there still. I only applied the framework. This was made back in September. Again, I was still playing with this before the courseload for the semester made me sway away from this.

mkcm97

Reaction score
i'm trying to do a transparent bar for my theme. (semi-transparent, in parts). It's actually like a slit on the bottom (a thin black, and a thin white line with a reflective 0 degree gradient fg to transparent) and above that, I added white with the fill set to 20% so i put it in draw9patch, and blah blah blah, compile it blah blah blah. Then to double check, after it's compiled i open it up for a preview on my pc, looks fine.

I then plug it into my WIP theme, apply it, and you can see the slits and everything, but the parts I left transparent, became black. I then sent it to my friend to test on his froyo rom, and it worked fine.

So is this a gingerbread thing? or is it rom specific (i'm using liquid gingy 1.65)

forgive me if this has been previously mentioned... i've only read the first 5 pages lol.