UD 3.3.1 and Computer Connectivity

tee00max

Reaction score
Anyone else computer not recognizing your phone when you plug it in through USB? When I plug it in, the only thing that comes up is USB Debugging.

Anyone else?

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Just hooked up to my pc via usb & mines seems to be working fine...

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
I myself have a bit of a "ritualistic$ process I go throw whenever I flash a rom, it may seem a bit reduntant to most & a bit repetitive, but since Ive been in the rom flashing hobby , I have never had an issue initial flashing a rom, I have user induced problems by me that were fixable, but never an issue with a rom flash, one of these days Im going to type it out from start to finish & post it for anyone to check out. I will say it involves wiping but maybe in a different way than some & I do a few things that have never been mentioned such as: after flashing the New rom, while still in recovery, before I reboot, I wipe the cache partitition again & dalvic cache again (just in case something carried over from the rom dev itself)...it may do nothing, but my motto is if there is even a slight possibility it will save me a headache later, do it now.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Awsome glad to wear it worked & a (possible) perfect example of why I always wipe..& start fresh..

OP
tee00max

tee00max

Reaction score
Awsome glad to wear it worked & a (possible) perfect example of why I always wipe..& start fresh..

Yeah I always do to I never install over. I love the Wipe All feature in the RZR Recovery that I just flashed.

OP
tee00max

tee00max

Reaction score
Ok something is making my computer not read it, I wiped and everything was working fine and now its not recognizing again...gotta figure this out..

sandfreak

Reaction score
Happened to me with 3.3.0. I had to dl a fresh copy of rom and flash before I got it working again.

P.I.A. but it's only thing that worked for me.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Well, something interesting happened yesterday/last night, so far I have has no issues when connecting to my pc via usb, it connected & I could transfer files blah blah blah & thus far I had been running the stock kernel & had been using the built in cpu setting. Yesterday more or less out of boredom I decided to install SetCpu & throughout the day I probably flashed & ran 5 different kernels, I also installed the df app from the market & a few other apps as well & I did have the vm heap at 32 but decided to try it at 24. Last night before going to bed when I went to plug my phone into my pc to charge overnight, It would not connect, the debugging would appear as usual but no usb indicator of connection, so I unplugged & re plugged a few times with no result, I went to bed. This morning of course I was reminded of the issue when retrieving my droid from the pc, so I tried it a few times again with no success, so out of curiosity, I wiped everything & out of curiosity I restored to a backup I had made just prior to doing any of the things listed above (so i was flashing to the same setup I had when the usb had worked)....rebooted, crossed my fingers & plugged in the usb & what ya know it worked again? Im not to sure how or what it may have been but in my case, it must have been something I had changed that caused the usb issue...just some fyi !!