ud2.5: fonts will not install

compton

Reaction score
Hi, I reverted back to 2.5 the other night and cannot get the stock font nor any font to install.

Is it possible to manually install the stock font?

chewy74

Reaction score
The fonts files were hosted off of the ud servers which are down. Unless you find someone with a copy of the fonts you're looking for and can send it to you.

OP
C

compton

Reaction score
Thanks for the response chewy. It all makes sense now.. I was always curious as to why it always had the waiting logo when switching fonts.

So I guess im SOL.. :(

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
if you want a froyo rom try project elite 4 or sourcery, both at least still have working extras.

also droid concepts is still actively developing a froyo rom.

UD is kinda dead.

chewy74

Reaction score
If you want the default font from the ROM I can send you the zip. I only used the ud font when I was on it.

Let me know

thepwneddroid

Reaction score
OP
C

compton

Reaction score
If you want the default font from the ROM I can send you the zip. I only used the ud font when I was on it.

Let me know

Hey Chewy if you zipped up the font how would I go about installing it?

Hi, I reverted back to 2.5 the other night and cannot get the stock font nor any font to install.

Is it possible to manually install the stock font?
Have you tried the fonts that I posted before? I'm not trying to sound like a spambot, but I posted a ton of fonts that you could try, they aren't hosted on the UD servers. The link is here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ul...hable-fonts-ultimate-droid-any-other-rom.html

Hey I really appreciate your link. But the stock font is easiest on my eyes which is the reason I want it so bad :D

chewy74

Reaction score
you would unzip it and take the font folder. then using root explorer mount your system folder: rw

and drop the whole folder in /system/fonts

this manual way is very tedious because you would have to go into each file and change the permissions manually to rw-r--r-- and theres like 12 files. easist way is to take an exsisting update.zip from a theme and drop it in the system/fonts folder and flash it.

pm me your email and i will send you a flashable zip for the fonts

tamlin42

Reaction score
I installed the stock font and now my lock screen isn't displaying the time correctly. anyone know of a fix, quick or otherwise, that doesn't involve flashing back to the UD default font?