***Updated*** Easy Root Available. 3 step process

dark juggalo

Reaction score
sry guess i should have been a bit more specific..im looking for the Thunderbolt Root.rar file

jrodroidpro

Reaction score
spelling out what to do and what you need to root your device but failing to including clear and concise disclaimers that its not only not recommended but discouraged by the manufacturer to the point that it voids any warranty and violates your contract is very irresponsible and unhelpful...

duckswtfpwn

Reaction score
KK So I am still sitting on step 2. It seems like forever. Here is what I see so far.

I got the ERROR! Contact XDA
then it says if you are seeing this before hash you are fine. Gives me instructions and then
Please wait for this program to tell you when it is finished with so far 13 lines of "."

Do I just need to be patient? My phone has still not rebooted into the bootloader on the step 2 portion. It seems like it has been 15 minutes.

btw the Step 2 button is still 'greyed' out and the "." keeps going so I don't want to touch it.

Nevermind. I killed off the rooter.exe and reran step 2. Everything is moving as it should be. I found a ton of answers on the original posters page. All 174 pages of it. My eyes are bleeding. lol

Last edited:

onsht1kll

Reaction score
spelling out what to do and what you need to root your device but failing to including clear and concise disclaimers that its not only not recommended but discouraged by the manufacturer to the point that it voids any warranty and violates your contract is very irresponsible and unhelpful...

That's a given .. if you don't know that you shouldn't even be touching a root file ..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jrodroidpro

Reaction score

That's a given .. if you don't know that you shouldn't even be touching a root file ..

u know, i knoW, BUT NOT EVERYONE DOES.

onsht1kll

Reaction score

u know, i knoW, BUT NOT EVERYONE DOES.

No not everyone does but u have to look up what root is in the first place .. and when u look up the meaning of it it explains it there .. the chances of someone coming across this thread. Never knowing what rooting is and thinking well I'll just try to do what they are saying to do in here is non existent.

dark juggalo

Reaction score
does anyone know why im getting 2 $ symbols at the end of step two of a manual setup? i checked it again with ab shell and got
adb server is out of date. killing...
*daemon started successfully*
#
#

DeathGrind

Reaction score
ok guys. I just got my thunderbolt today. i tried to root. I installed htc sync and all that good stuff. I tried step 1 the first time, my phone rebooted, checked, and loaded the image than came back saying update failed. Also said something about the firmware version. So i had to manually reboot my phone. everything is still the same.
I noticed that the rooter.exe i was using was 1.6.3.11, so i got version 1.6.3.2 and ran step 1 two more times, but it will not reboot my phone.
I read about this step bricking your phone so i am hesistant to keep trying.
Any suggestions?
my phones build number is 1.12.605.6 CL338893 release-keys
software number is 1.12.605.6

i just upgraded from a droid 1 that i had for the last year. I had that rooted almost right out of the box.

DeathGrind

Reaction score
I just closed rooted.exe and pushed step one again. I think it was the 3rd time doing so that my phone finally rebooted. Also it may help to disable and re-enable usb debugging.
Not really a fix, just keep restarting rooter.