Upgrade from HTC Thunderbolt

Reaction score
Are there any phones that are actually worth upgrading to from the thunderbolt?

Let's all be honest, the HTC Thunderbolt rocks. It's very solid and I've come to love this phone and all it can do. I've been looking at the Razr Maxx, Rezound, and Galaxy Nexus, but they all don't seem worthy of an upgrade. The GS-III and the Razr Maxx HD look intriguing as well, but are any of these phones that much more different?

geoff5093

Reaction score
The Samsung Galaxy S III that comes out the end of this month will be worth it.

pogibry

Reaction score
It really just depends on what you want. Honestly, I would look for dual core and a more battery friendly screen (like the AMOLED) as well as better battery life in general. If u don't want the S III, then wait for the Verizon equivalent of the new EVO 4g LTE; that will be one sick phone :hail:
If you are looking for gaming, get a phone with the latest tegra chip, although I heard that they are working on a new one for phones since the tegra III will only work on tablets for the time being.

Drew_P

Reaction score
@pogibry......I've been searching all over for confirmation that big red will get a One series variant (like sprint with the evo 4g lte) but all I've found is negative articles. Are you making this statement for wishful thinking?? Or did I miss something? Just curious cause I'm in the same boat as the OP.

sent from my Rezound powered bolt of thunder!!!

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
The closest phone to the One series that VZ will get as of now is the Incredible 4g. That may change in the future, who knows.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

pogibry

Reaction score
@pogibry......I've been searching all over for confirmation that big red will get a One series variant (like sprint with the evo 4g lte) but all I've found is negative articles. Are you making this statement for wishful thinking?? Or did I miss something? Just curious cause I'm in the same boat as the OP.

To be honest, it is wishful thinking. If somebody follows HTC better than me, Do you know if we will get a Verizon version of the HTC One? I just assumed because the TBolt is just that of the original 4g, so I figured HTC would follow that trend. The more I read of that S3, the more I want it. however, if Samsung is stupid and locks their bootloader again like they did with the S2, then I might not get it.
Here's a link I found of 4g phones:New Verizon Phones - New Cell Phones

kparks

Reaction score
pogibry said:
To be honest, it is wishful thinking. If somebody follows HTC better than me, Do you know if we will get a Verizon version of the HTC One? I just assumed because the TBolt is just that of the original 4g, so I figured HTC would follow that trend. The more I read of that S3, the more I want it. however, if Samsung is stupid and locks their bootloader again like they did with the S2, then I might not get it.
Here's a link I found of 4g phones:New Verizon Phones - New Cell Phones

Ive heard pretty firmly that vzw will not carry a onex style phone and follow htc alot.. but I've seen rumors of a htc note type phone with a 5inch screen other than that no rumors all i buy is HTC but if I don't hear nothing I may have to use my upgrade on a :( gs3

pogibry

Reaction score
Ive heard pretty firmly that vzw will not carry a onex style phone and follow htc alot.. but I've seen rumors of a htc note type phone with a 5inch screen other than that no rumors all i buy is HTC but if I don't hear nothing I may have to use my upgrade on a :( gs3

Interesting. I wonder why they wouldn't follow it anymore. Maybe they have better things in stock! I'm also excited to see what's going to happen with Motorola phones since Google bought them out :icon_eek:

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I upgraded from the Thunderbolt to the Galaxy Nexus. I love it, your mileage may vary. If you don't mind a non-AOSP experience, or holding out until someone develops a vanilla ICS ROM for it, I would maybe go for the RAZR HD (or the MAXX, I guess, if you don't want to wait).

Drew_P

Reaction score
I wonder if its possible to get a NEW tbolt thru the insurance instead of a refurbished p.o.s. Hmmmm......I wonder......

kparks

Reaction score
Drew_P said:
I wonder if its possible to get a NEW tbolt thru the insurance instead of a refurbished p.o.s. Hmmmm......I wonder......

I got a refurb and have been using it for 4 months now and no problems at all... Just preordered the gs3 unfortunately I'm not even excited to get it lol but want to lock into a new 2 year to keep my data.. and see how this data thing plays out cuz if they do change it I can get some cash for the gs3 and get a htc phone later in the year off contract and if the data thing don't happen I got another upgrade at the end of the year and maybe I can make some money off the gs3 :)

pogibry

Reaction score

Unless it's your own personal insurance, don't even think about it. When I had my Droid 2 Global, I had three replacements in 1 month and because of that, I got Verizon to upgrade me to the TBolt. Each replacement was refurbished. I asked about that and they said that's just how Insurian (I think that's their name) does business. I think it's a joke, but w/e. :mad:

sidosc

Reaction score
Upgrade from TBolt

I also have been really pleased :) with the Thunderbolt. It seems that any new upgrade is larger and lighter. I'm looking for lighter and same size.
Suggestions ?

davidwilp

Reaction score
If you had no restrictions what and had to buy a new phone would you still pick the Galxy Nexus or something different? I may be in the market for a new phone soon if my thunderbolt doesn't dry out.

Is the Nexus 4G?

kparks

Reaction score
davidwilp said:
If you had no restrictions what and had to buy a new phone would you still pick the Galxy Nexus or something different? I may be in the market for a new phone soon if my thunderbolt doesn't dry out.

Is the Nexus 4G?

Yes the nexus is 4g.. But I would get the rezound or htc droid 4g lte