Verizon Leaks MotoMods Prices

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The standard DAC adapter will be of comparable quality of audio to what you're already used to or perhaps somewhat better. The quality should be no lower than typical cellphone media audio quality.

The option remains to purchase an audiophile DAC which would take the digital signal to the next level of HD audio.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The standard DAC adapter will be of comparable quality of audio to what you're already used to or perhaps somewhat better. The quality should be no lower than typical cellphone media audio quality.

The option remains to purchase an audiophile DAC which would take the digital signal to the next level of HD audio.

You know me.looking for a great DAC because I use my phone over my amp for practice jams and letting people hear ideas..if I get the phone.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You know me.looking for a great DAC because I use my phone over my amp for practice jams and letting people hear ideas..if I get the phone.
Well not for the same reasons, but I'll be looking for one as well.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
So lemme get this straight. You get the phone, see if you like the phone, then if you like the phone then you get the "getbone" mod?
------------------------------------------------------------
Is that a Moto Z in your pocket or...
Yep!...I got the "getbo......" I can't!!! :p:D:p

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So lemme get this straight. You get the phone, see if you like the phone, then if you like the phone then you get the "getbone" mod?
------------------------------------------------------------
Is that a Moto Z in your pocket or...
Yep!...I got the "getbo......" I can't!!! :p:D:p
You make it sound simple. It's a long process. There's an application involved to get the getbone mod. Lots of paperwork and red tape.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I see you guys are going to have a lot of fun with my misspelled word.

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
Do I need to see a doctor and get a prescription in order to get the getbone mod or is it just over the counter?

Seriously though I could easily see me paying $80 for a great sounding speaker but $300 for a projector for a phone? No way! That's probably half the price of the whole phone!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Do I need to see a doctor and get a prescription in order to get the getbone mod or is it just over the counter?

Seriously though I could easily see me paying $80 for a great sounding speaker but $300 for a projector for a phone? No way! That's probably half the price of the whole phone!
I'm with you there, but only if they end up backtracking on their claim that the mods will be compatible with future generations of the device. Then, it's not so bad. Sizable investment upfront, sure, but if you can use it with your next couple of phones, suddenly it doesn't seem so bad to me. You're talking 4-6 years of use depending on how often you upgrade. Not to mention, those of us with kids could potentially save an old phone for them to use the projector with over wifi and get even more mileage out of it.

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
Well not for the same reasons, but I'll be looking for one as well.

Any chance the outer shell add-ons or the Tumi wireless charging power add-on would be compatible with the Scoche magic mount? I use the air vent one for my Altima, hope that'll be the case with this thing. If so, routing the audio cable with the USB type C will be easier as it'll drop straight down versus going from right to left.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ophus

Reaction score
I'm curious how this phone will connect to 3.5mm jacks..you know they have their way but will it be a HD connection or will it be, meh. I'm trying to decide if I want to like it..or if I want to hate it..it's and Interesting concept.. definitely a different showing than anyone on the market...but sometimes a new showing is a new pile of crap...with extra flies...

I recently installed a Pioneer head unit in my daughters car with android auto. I also replaced all speakers added subwoofers and amp. Android Auto transfers the signal digitally to the pioneer which has its own DAC built in. I was stunned at the sound produced from mp3 files. For the first time ever, I can say that mp3. files really can match a cd. With this experience, I'm excited that this phone will give us the ability to use our own DAC. I think the sound improvement will be outstanding.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
You're talking 4-6 years of use depending on how often you upgrade. Not to mention, those of us with kids could potentially save an old phone for them to use the projector with over wifi and get even more mileage out of it.

I'm big into projectors. Have one in my man cave. I was intrigued by it...
Not for $300... I would just upgrade mine to an HD one and get a PS4.

For less, you can get something much more fun.
Sure, it's not as portable, but it works with all kinds of things. Spend a few dollars more you can get one that hooks up to your console.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm big into projectors. Have one in my man cave. I was intrigued by it...
Not for $300... I would just upgrade mine to an HD one and get a PS4.

For less, you can get something much more fun.
Sure, it's not as portable, but it works with all kinds of things. Spend a few dollars more you can get one that hooks up to your console.
I'd like to get one some day, so I'll keep that in mind. I still think the price is reasonable for the portability of the phone mod, but only if you can justify that as a big feature for you. Since I don't even have a projector to begin with, chances are that I wouldn't use the mod very often at all and would probably fall into the category that should buy one like you linked. I can't speak for everybody though and I still think that projector could be handy at family gatherings and things at someone's house who doesn't have a Chromecast or other easy way of getting pictures and videos onto a larger surface for everyone to see. Again, not something I'd be doing every day though.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I'm not remotely surprised by those prices. Hell, a battery kit for my "modular" G5 goes for $90, unless you buy through a third party seller

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Portability
Works with everything.
Portable, but not quite as convenient as being attached directly to your phone. Again, I'm not saying I'll ever buy a Moto Z and projector mod. I'm just saying I can see it as something that some people will want, buy, and enjoy.