Went back to stock rom stuck in bootloop? Bricked?

OP
M

moreyos

Reaction score
Phone isn't doing ANYTHING now. I went and updated the drivers on the Motorola application on my computer, it was connected to the RSD Lite fine. But I went through the process and then all the sudden it left the bootloader screen. And it is not responding to anything. Idk what to do now ?

Edit: Hold on... plugged in to wall charger and it turned on...stressfull as hell..

I have a question mark in the battery screen, it should have been fairly charged before I attempted to SBF...plus it was plugged in to my USB. I'll leave it charging but I'll check with my brothers D2G when he gets home from work in a bit. Any ideas whats happening to my phone or if I'm screwed??
\
Plug it into the wall, not the usb if you think it stopped because the battery was too low. The wall charger gives it more juice. You really should SBF with almost a full battery just in case. Good luck.

I wish that were the problem...it isn't holding a charge. It was on the charger for over an hour and it still has no charge. Once my brother gets home I'm swapping my battery into his and seeing how much charge there is... if I have to go back to Verizon and they consider this a battery issue, will they find out that I had my phone rooted/flashed with a different rom? I did drop the phone the other day and it turned out fairly bad for the back of my phone you can push the panel where the flash and camera is and it will go up and down a small amount, so that might have done it...

I have insurance on my phone. And yeah I know if I bricked my phone that's my fault...but I did nothing out of the ordinary, in fact I went back to stock. I just have remnants of Clockwork, root uninstaller pro, and z4root that I'd be worried about.

clouse2013

Reaction score
Phone isn't doing ANYTHING now. I went and updated the drivers on the Motorola application on my computer, it was connected to the RSD Lite fine. But I went through the process and then all the sudden it left the bootloader screen. And it is not responding to anything. Idk what to do now ?

Edit: Hold on... plugged in to wall charger and it turned on...stressfull as hell..

I have a question mark in the battery screen, it should have been fairly charged before I attempted to SBF...plus it was plugged in to my USB. I'll leave it charging but I'll check with my brothers D2G when he gets home from work in a bit. Any ideas whats happening to my phone or if I'm screwed??
\
Plug it into the wall, not the usb if you think it stopped because the battery was too low. The wall charger gives it more juice. You really should SBF with almost a full battery just in case. Good luck.

I wish that were the problem...it isn't holding a charge. It was on the charger for over an hour and it still has no charge. Once my brother gets home I'm swapping my battery into his and seeing how much charge there is... if I have to go back to Verizon and they consider this a battery issue, will they find out that I had my phone rooted/flashed with a different rom? I did drop the phone the other day and it turned out fairly bad for the back of my phone you can push the panel where the flash and camera is and it will go up and down a small amount, so that might have done it...

I have insurance on my phone. And yeah I know if I bricked my phone that's my fault...but I did nothing out of the ordinary, in fact I went back to stock. I just have remnants of Clockwork, root uninstaller pro, and z4root that I'd be worried about.
If your brothers battery works that would be ideal. Or just charge yours in his phone. When the batteries get completely discharged i believe your regular wallcharger cant charge it because of something to do with the voltages. If its just the battery that shouldnt be a big problem if you have access to another one. Keep us posted if his battery works for you. It should. It doesnt sound like you did anything to brick the phone and its very hard to do anything to where an SBF wont fix it anyway.

OP
M

moreyos

Reaction score
I'm charging my battery on his phone now. It wouldn't do anything when I put my battery in his but his battery started mine up (still bootlooped though). Then I figured I'd try charging my battery in his phone and it showed I had 0%, which I have no clue how it died so fast because it was off/bootlooping but not forever and I even plugged it in. If mine starts to charge I'm gonna finish charging his battery, take the battery for now (while charging my battery in his phone so he's not without a phone), SBF, then hopefully all will be well.

Edit: Battery began to charge in brother's phone. Letting his battery get up to 100% (it was at 50% and I'm in a rush mine is only at 20%), then I'll SBF with a full battery. Hopefully the reason my phone doesn't charge right now is because it's messed up. If its still not charging after the SBF it will have to be a hardware issue and I'll use my insurance to get myself a new D2G at Verizon store.

Last edited:

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
The battery will not charge while in recovery, bootloader or if its bootlooping. That's why most will suggest you fully charge your battery b4 flashing. It is suggested to have at least 80% before sbfing. Just for future referance.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
M

moreyos

Reaction score
First time flashing SBF failed said something about error erasing subscription..then it froze. I'm trying it again, I'm getting worried though.

Edit: Failure again! Same error. Anyone SBF before who can help me out?

Im on google chat [email protected]

Edit #2: Does this mean my phone is bricked? I did it again and I downloaded the 2.4.33 SBF and that didn't work either. Would Verizon be able to help if I can't figure this out by tomorrow after work? I'll be at a computer majority of the day so I'll be attempting this tomorrow as well.

Last edited:

clouse2013

Reaction score
When u sbf and it finishes pull the battery and put it back in. While holding the power on, hold the x button. Then when u see the triangle and the question mark hit the search button. Then wipe data and cache then reboot. Should work. That's what I do when I sbf and never had a problem.

Sent from my Angelic Droid 2 Global

OP
M

moreyos

Reaction score
When u sbf and it finishes pull the battery and put it back in. While holding the power on, hold the x button. Then when u see the triangle and the question mark hit the search button. Then wipe data and cache then reboot. Should work. That's what I do when I sbf and never had a problem.

It never finished I always get a fail I have gotten it 3 times now. Battery already went low, switched back to my battery which was fully charged and gave my brother his back...

I wanna try again before I go to bed but I don't think it will work and I need something new to try before I do.

Using the SBF from the link I posted earlier and RSD Lite 4.9.

Also when I wipe data or my cache I get an error saying E: Can't mount CACHE:recover/log
E: Can't finish MISC:
(I/O error)

clouse2013

Reaction score

It never finished I always get a fail I have gotten it 3 times now. Battery already went low, switched back to my battery which was fully charged and gave my brother his back...

I wanna try again before I go to bed but I don't think it will work and I need something new to try before I do.

Using the SBF from the link I posted earlier and RSD Lite 4.9.

Also when I wipe data or my cache I get an error saying E: Can't mount CACHE:recover/log
E: Can't finish MISC:
(I/O error)

Yeah ive never had that happen. I would say if its fully charged try again but if not, its kind of over my head. Hopefully someone on here will know what to do. If your using 4.9 and either the .330 or the .229 SBF you shouldnt have a problem with either one. But good luck. Sorry i cant help out more

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Try pulling your sdcard out and then wiping, sometimes it helps. Not sure why though......

Also, have you tried updating your moto drivers?

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
You could try using a diffrent sbf file. Their is a link to the newest one in the droid 2 global hacks section under stickies. Re-read the directions to make sure you have everything right. Don't know what else could help you.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
M

moreyos

Reaction score
Full text for the failure...

"Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Interface AP-OS: Error erasing subscriber unit. Device API error: 0xE00300F Command: ERASE (0XE013203F);"

Thanks for trying at least, hopefully someone knows what the problem is now that I've posted the full failure status.

Edit: angel tried it with SD card removed, no luck. Same error...
bdsullivan, I used that file as well and it failed the same way.

You guys say its not bricked? I really feel like its done for.

Edit 2: Do you guys suggest using the up arrow or holding the volume up and down keys on the side. I have been using the volume keys and getting into bootloader every single time, but I've seen people say up arrow a bunch.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global-hacks/147264-official-2-4-330-d2g-sbf-tbh.html

Also placing it in the C drive in a folder called moto? Sounds like it might actually work.

Last edited:

chrisl20

Reaction score
Does ur computer have usb 2.0? Or is it an oldschool usb port...I've had trouble sbf'ing because I was on an old laptop, and I know a couple other people w the same problem, but it threw a 're-enumeration' error

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does ur computer have usb 2.0? Or is it an oldschool usb port...I've had trouble sbf'ing because I was on an old laptop, and I know a couple other people w the same problem, but it threw a 're-enumeration' error

That's what happened with me remember? Moved to a 2.0 on a different pc, worked like a dream.

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

OP
M

moreyos

Reaction score
No I have USB 2.0, I was 99% sure of it before I began to try this...but then again my laptop is going on 4 years old. I checked the stat sheet online, its 2.0 though.

Also nobody has asked yet but I'm doing this as admin. I even logged in to my admin account and shift+right clicked open as admin to ensure I did it right.

Last edited:

currentweb

Reaction score
Well, NYC is in sight from the right hills.
No I have USB 2.0, I was 99% sure of it before I began to try this...but then again my laptop is going on 4 years old. I checked the stat sheet online, its 2.0 though.

Also nobody has asked yet but I'm doing this as admin. I even logged in to my admin account and shift+right clicked open as admin to ensure I did it right.

What computer software? Windows XP, 7?