What happens when you plug in your phone..

BlueSami

Reaction score
(this should be a sticky)

When you plug in your incredible and turn on to the disk drive, 2 new folders pop up 1 is your phone storage and 1 is the sd card.

Call me silly, but i was trying to update my girls incredible and couldn't figure out why both folders showed up and which one was which. (i have a D1 so i hadn't had that issue before!!)

But all the tutorials that told me how to manually update didn't mention that 2 folders pop up.

I don't know maybe i am just whining! lol

ptsmith24

Reaction score
The size of each should be the biggest clue. Unless your SD card happens to be 8 gb.

tripilot

Reaction score
Ok I hope this is the right thread for this, but I am having a problem accessing my phone from my PC. Basically, I plug in my phone I have two options, to install drivers or to open folder. I open the folder and it mounts as "CD Drive G: Verizon Mobile" -- a drive which appears to be 4.65 MB. Of course, none of my phone pictures, etc., are on this drive. There is a folder called "drv" and a folder called "img" which have nonsense in them, basically.

I'm running 64-bit Windows 7. Is that the problem here? Would really appreciate help.

tripilot

Reaction score
OK, sorry, I read through a ton of threads and solved my own problem. My phone was connecting as "Charge Only." I had to look down at my phone BEFORE telling Windows to open the folder to view files, and select "mount as disk drive" on the phone itself. Then when I open the folder in windows, two additional drives, H: and I:, mount with the internal and SD memory contents respectively on them.