What if I dont want ICS?

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Exactly, since I'm not in a 4g area it will continually search for a signal much like it would on wifi when no wifi available,therefore chewing literally through my battery. Unfortunately I've been told that my rural area will never see 4g not even LTE. bummed. :(

TAG YOUR IT!!!
VERIZON DROID RAZR Original :)

Yes but ..... the good news is - You live in a rural area that will apparently ALWAYS be a rural area and I'll take that over 4G anyday:)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Cripton805 said:

This seems like a lot of work just to have 3g only mode but I guess it is something. The other question I have regarding our ICS global ready phones, will we be able to put a foreign prepaid sim in our Razr's or are we limited to Verizon's very costly international plans when we travel abroad? I wonder if one of the gsm modes in that menu allows us to use a foreign sim.

Sent from my AT100 using Droid Forums

Last edited:

Caesars

Reaction score
I would also like to know this, someone help!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
This is the "non-answer" I got from Motorola...

Subject: Global capabilities on ICS?

Discussion Thread Via Email (Jim) 06/25/2012 02:04 PM

Dear Marta,

Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. I’ve reviewed your e-mail and I’m ready to help.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Since the ICS update for this phone is not officially released yet to all Droid Razr Maxx users, I cannot verify if this phone will be a 'worldphone' or if the phone still needs a subsidy lock code from Verizon to unlock the phone to other carriers. Once the release notes of this update is available to us, we will be able to confrim this feature.

The ICS update is scheduled to be released within this month, however, no dates were confirmed yet. Please check our website for information. https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at http://www.motorola.com/

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

Best Regards,

Jim

Sent from my AT100 using Droid Forums

Caesars

Reaction score
Cool, thanks for sharing ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
That may very well be true but with the update to .211 on the Droid RAZRs, it is now only 3 choices...Global, LTE/CDMA, & GSM/UMTS. Some have speculated that Global was the "new CDMA only" but that's not true...Global is essentially all of the above.

Well that is bad news for me because like the OP I rarely have access to 4g even though big reds maps says my town is 4g extended I have never received a 4g signal. Guess I will have to install the app.

KaZo86

Reaction score
I noticed a few people worried that since they don't live in an area with strong 4g coverage, that their phones would be useless. Understand that your phone will still use 3g networks if you cannot connect to 4g, even without the app or messing with hidden settings. The problem lies only with those users (myself included) that set their phones to cdma only to conserve battery life.

I have started using Lte on/off and it works just fine. Slightly more involved than the old settings used to be but i don't change it so often to really care about that.