Two days and my battery life experience after ICS

ebaker60

Reaction score
I downloaded the thunderbolt LTE OnOff for my droid razor. It will set your phone to do either 3g or 4g similar to how we used to be able to do in the settings/network before.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
So just checked my battery on day two with ICS, I would have to say I think I have improved over GB.

View attachment 51816

neoterixx64

Reaction score
I also noticed that the phone doesn't drain that much when you don't use it. The thunderbolt would die in 6 hours whether you touched the phone or not.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Right now I have it set to 3G only and yes I am using the WIFI in the office. I have not used it much today just some emails and text messages, screen on time of 20 minutes. Still my point is as far as this being my normal use it usually drops to 90% by now, so there is an increase.

Last edited:

jwilly216

Reaction score
neoterixx64 said:
I also noticed that the phone doesn't drain that much when you don't use it. The thunderbolt would die in 6 hours whether you touched the phone or not.

I noticed this as well. T the phone barely drains at all with the screen off. I was so excited about Ics and now the nexus has jelly been... Oh well.I'm still loving Ics even as old as it is now

ejf74

Reaction score
Install of official OTA ICS 4.0.4 (.211) via Droid Razr utility 1.7 courtesy droidrzr.com. Battery life being sucked by display which is holding 82% of CPU hostage. Went through and selected all battery conserving components (not apps). After 5 hours of usage on wi-fi, battery is down to 60% life. Also when installing apps which authenticate via FB, had to go to FB online, remove the apps, open the apps on my device and reauthorize via FB. Draw Something worked for a couple of hours and then took a dump. Tried going through all steps again with no luck. Was looking forward to ICS but battery consumption on my device is pretty alarming, especially being on wifi? If anyone knows how to reduce display consumption on ICS please let me know. This 82% is really bothering me.

jwilly216

Reaction score
I don't understand why some Pierre Had those results.... When I'm on wifi with Ics my battery barely moves. I get crazy good battery life. How can there bee such a spread between awesome life and terrible battery life with the same phone tinning the same software?

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I don't understand why some Pierre Had those results.... When I'm on wifi with Ics my battery barely moves. I get crazy good battery life. How can there bee such a spread between awesome life and terrible battery life with the same phone tinning the same software?

This is going through my mind as well. Makes me a little nervous to download it when I finally get it. I get awesome battery life right now and would not be happy to lose that.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I dunno. Talking battery life on Razrs and Maxxs reminds me of when we used to discuss MPG on lifted Jeeps.
One guy saw no effect the next guy claimed he was losing half - never any rhyme or reason.