Who is planning on upgrading to the Droid Pro

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
oh, i'm still holding out hope for the specs (or something close) originally posted in the other thread - i trust ya; you've never done me wrong before! :) but i'm a little confused. which specs are you saying have zero validity - the ones from the OP in the other thread? or, the ones where people are saying 4" screen, no ff camera, only 1.3ghz processor, no dual core, etc??

thanks, man!

Huskerkate I wouldn't believe the rumors you read on BGR and Droid Life over bill and Winston.

They have not confirmed or denied those specs yet and until they do those specs have ZERO validity.

These guys are the ONLY reliable source on Motorola devices this early in.

Sent from my Droid

wtherrell

Business Friendly?

If Google, Verizon and Motorola get their heads out of their anal orifices and provide a more Business friendly phone with complete, easy, reliable sync with Microsoft Office Mobile and Outlook, then this would look like the perfect choice for me. I was about ready to drop on a Droid X on 8/21 when my NE2 comes out but the gaping hole of lack of decent business support has stopped me. Hope the MoDroPro will be my friend.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
i'm a little confused. which specs are you saying have zero validity - the ones from the OP in the other thread? or, the ones where people are saying 4" screen, no ff camera, only 1.3ghz processor, no dual core, etc??

thanks, man!
The 1.3GHZ and dual core rumors. But there is some new information now.

The Moto Droid Pro and the Droid 2 WE are the same device.

Seems there was a name change.

So the question remains. What is the A957? Could THIS be the monster device that bill and winston were talking about?

If I were to make and educated guess I would say that the A957 is in fact this "sick" Android device getting the dual core. Question is what is it? : )

I posted link to the screenie of that hardware list.

Motorola Droid Pro for Verizon is World Capable

So there is some new RELIABLE info to get more speculation flying : )

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member

So the question remains. What is the A957? Could THIS be the monster device that bill and winston were talking about?

If I were to make and educated guess I would say that the A957 is in fact this "sick" Android device getting the dual core. Question is what is it?

If this turns out to be the truth then unfortunately I will pass on the Pro and wait it out for the -A957-

After being completely satisfied with my Droid for almost 10 months, there is no way I am selling myself short on my next device...The Droid has helped me set a new standard for myself as far as mobile devices go, and on this I will not budge

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
i'm certainly not "wired in", but it would make sense that the Pro/D2 WE are the same phone (and would be marketed to business users with 4" screen and 1.3 ghz), while still coming out with the "sick" A957 device. Sanjay Jha promised a 2 ghz smartphone, that would be the end all and be all of smartphones, before the end of the year. 2 different devices would reconcile the competing specs that have been bantied about...

but, it seems that the linked article is saying that the A957 IS the Pro...

[The 1.3GHZ and dual core rumors. But there is some new information now.

If I were to make and educated guess I would say that the A957 is in fact this "sick" Android device getting the dual core. Question is what is it? : )

I posted link to the screenie of that hardware list.

Motorola Droid Pro for Verizon is World Capable

So there is some new RELIABLE info to get more speculation flying : )

jroc

Silver Member
Unless its LTE, I probably wont. I saved an upgrade so my next phone wont cost me so much. Or I will get it with a one year contract.

And after using the Droid, I dont need a physical keyboard. I think I only got it cuz of my ex-girlfriend and her habit of using my phone, She is a heavy texter. And some bad screen experiences with the Samsung Omnia... Turns out with capacitive screens the virtual kayboard is nice.

W

warp

I stopped waiting for the Pro when Verizon CS let me get an X for $200 without extending my contract. The 4.3" screen and speed just make me not care so much about the upcoming phones anymore. My annual upgrade is in January but my I'll save my upgrade for something major in a year or so that's 4G with a 3GHz processor. :rolleyes:

I stopped waiting for the Pro when Verizon CS let me get an X for $200 without extending my contract. The 4.3" screen and speed just make me not care so much about the upcoming phones anymore. My annual upgrade is in January but my I'll save my upgrade for something major in a year or so that's 4G with a 3GHz processor. :rolleyes:

You wouldn't want to wait a couple months for a 1.3 ghz processor 10-12 mp camera, probably stock android 3.0 instead of crapoblur, and a 4 inch screan? Moto and HTC are realeasing devices with 1ghz+ processors and 4 inch + screens by november..

W

warp

You wouldn't want to wait a couple months for a 1.3 ghz processor 10-12 mp camera, probably stock android 3.0 instead of crapoblur, and a 4 inch screan? Moto and HTC are realeasing devices with 1ghz+ processors and 4 inch + screens by november..

Why wait? If you wait for those phones, they'll be surpassed by other phones a few months shortly after. And I much prefer a full 4.3" touchscreen to a 4" touchscreen with a slider. The X is plenty fast, has lots of memory and will get Froyo as well as Gingerbread. So yeah, I think I'll be more than satisfied until I decide to upgrade in a year or so to a 4G phone. :)

BTW, the UI on the X is almost exactly like vanilla. Just a few extra widgets and apps but I don't use them anyway.

Why wait? If you wait for those phones, they'll be surpassed by other phones a few months shortly after. And I much prefer a full 4.3" touchscreen to a 4" touchscreen with a slider. The X is plenty fast, has lots of memory and will get Froyo as well as Gingerbread. So yeah, I think I'll be more than satisfied until I decide to upgrade in a year or so to a 4G phone. :)

BTW, the UI on the X is almost exactly like vanilla. Just a few extra widgets and apps but I don't use them anyway.

I guess im jealous that i cant upgrade until November lol. Oh well ill get the HTC Merge or Droid Pro when they come out dancedroid

W

warp

I guess im jealous that i cant upgrade until November lol. Oh well ill get the HTC Merge or Droid Pro when they come out dancedroid

Can't blame you. I wasn't even gonna upgrade to the X at first but it just caught my eye at the last second and I was lucky to get a great deal on it. I mainly use my phone for calls, texts, web, email, and some gaming so I'm very satisfied with my choice - especially since I was able to sell my D1 for $240 to cover the cost of the X. :)