why no 4.2.2 or 4.3 update

OP
alafferty82081
Reaction score
Dont worry, I believe everyone has a right to complain, like you said, it is a 700$ phone so no corners should have been cut and it should run smooth and the functions should work right.....

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The fact is if you want the latest updates then get a nexus as that is the only way to keep up with the latest and greatest. Sadly though the nexus devices and vzw do not seem to play well together but there is an alternative which is to get a nexus 7. The reason oems are slow to update is because google when they release software have to continue to develop until it is stable. Customers who paid 200- 300 for a device are not going to want to hear that their device is buggy because of software the thunderbolt can speak for how well that goes. Android nerds and rom enthusiasts understands to a certain extend because they will just wait for a rom that fixes the bugs. When the nexus first came out ics had some bugs but once they got it ironed out on 4.02 that is the software that oems built upon. That is the same way once oems feel solid in the current android firmware that is what they will build upon to release to the public. <----perfect world scenario.

Sadly the other factor in why some devices get updates faster than other have to deal with the carriers, especially vzw, as they tend to want to "test" the software. Devices that are easier to unlock tend to get more development making it easier to try the latest software.

OP
alafferty82081
Reaction score
I also believe this forum would be more helpful if people would stop being hypocrites, complaining about someone else complaining.... WTF, seriously, let's try and encourage and help not criticise...

jtc303

Reaction score
I also believe this forum would be more helpful if people would stop being hypocrites, complaining about someone else complaining.... WTF, seriously, let's try and encourage and help not criticise...

stop complaining about people complaining about people complaining...lol sorry couldn't help myself. :D

anyways, it would be cool to have lockscreen widgets and such (yes I know about widget locker, but its too buggy/laggy for my liking) ..I thought the rmhd was on the list to get updated, but who knows if it will really happen..

|[JTC MaxxHD]|

JohnFH

Reaction score
stop complaining about people complaining about people complaining...lol sorry couldn't help myself. :D

anyways, it would be cool to have lockscreen widgets and such (yes I know about widget locker, but its too buggy/laggy for my liking) ..I thought the rmhd was on the list to get updated, but who knows if it will really happen..

|[JTC MaxxHD]|

I found this on the Motorola site:

ForumRunner_20131009_213244.png

jtc303

Reaction score
me too I like how moto flagship phones go out the window after a month or two...ugh :banghead:

|[JTC MaxxHD]|

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea, this is my last Moto. Not only because they are going the Google route with no SD Card slots, but now only getting one OS update over the life of the device? That's weak. That's why I left HTC.
Next phone will be either:
SONY
LG
Samsung
In that order.

JohnFH

Reaction score
Motorola now says that this was a typo. The RAZR Maxx HD software update area now states to watch for info on software updates.

jtc303

Reaction score
Motorola now says that this was a typo. The RAZR Maxx HD software update area now states to watch for info on software updates.

lol seriously? I hope you're right

edit..just checked.. " stay tuned for an upgrade decision"

I'm not sure if I like the sound of that... :confused:

|[JTC MaxxHD]|

JohnFH

Reaction score
Yeah, there are a couple of online articles about this today in addition to the update of the Motorola site. Now we can go back to waiting for a software update lol.

JohnFH

Reaction score
What makes this update so special? Just wondering.

Android 4.2.2 includes lock screen widgets, quick settings and dash clock. There are other updates, but these are the three that I like best.