why no 4.2.2 or 4.3 update

djspy

Reaction score
Why doesn't someone ask this question on their live chat/hangout today? I would but I'm at work.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Android 4.2.2 includes lock screen widgets, quick settings and dash clock. There are other updates, but these are the three that I like best.

My phone already has these though, quick setting you just swipe from the home screen over to the left, and there are quick setting right there, dash clock I dont know what you mean, I have circle widgets, and lock screen widgets, I can just swipe to phone, camera, text, etc from the lock screen.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
You can add any Widget to the lock screen in 4.2. Not just the few Moto put there for you.
I don't use the lockscreen so.,.. meh.

JohnFH

Reaction score
My phone already has these though, quick setting you just swipe from the home screen over to the left, and there are quick setting right there, dash clock I dont know what you mean, I have circle widgets, and lock screen widgets, I can just swipe to phone, camera, text, etc from the lock screen.

Sorry, I know we already have quick settings. I was thinking of the quick settings version on my Gnex running 4.2.2.

mgrande

Reaction score
If you run a different launched then you don't have quick settings. Which makes turning the GPS on and off a hassle.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

mgrande

Reaction score
Most launchers certainly do have "Quick Settings" somewhere.

Which ones? I run apex now and doesn't. I have the switchpro notification widget but the GPS on it doesn't work

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I know that Nova has Quick Settings. I run Atom Launcher and I thought it did but just realized that's part of my ROM not the launcher.

mgrande

Reaction score
I know that Nova has Quick Settings. I run Atom Launcher and I thought it did but just realized that's part of my ROM not the launcher.

Are you sure about nova? It didn't mention it on its page in the app store

stemo

Reaction score
I never noticed a quick settings feature in nova. I have my settings to open at certain gestures tho.

KaChow

Reaction score
Here I think this is what you guys may be looking for, I happen to have 4.3 on my Note 3 which deleted this widget. But anyhow it is called Power Toggles you can set them up either as widgets or better yet as toggles inside drop down menu, like WiFi, BlueTooth, GPS, NFC, Brightness, Volume and dozens of other settings, they work the same way as Android 4.2 does and the appearance is similar as used in CM10.1. Take a look, AFAIK they work on all Launchers so no problems there.

2.png

mgrande

Reaction score
I have switch pro which is similar but the GPS isn't direct. It brings you to the location settings. I know its not that bad but its inconvenient when driving or in a hurry

TheWitness

Reaction score
I'm running CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly 10/21 and at last a I have a solid 4.3 release. Let me tell you, battery life A+, responsiveness A+, added features and usability A++. And most importantly, no bloat.

But getting there has been a struggle though. I won't go back now. Had to the other day and I felt naked. So many things in stock just stink.