Yet another phone that gets hot

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Sometimes my phone gets hot in my pocket or on a table when not doing anything special ive had similar problems w other phones but i wish they could prevent this as its anoying

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
If this becomes a common issue, it will most likely be addressed in a software update.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
When in bad lte or wifi where it keeps switching from 3g and 4g and wifi it gets very hot

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Cpu monitoring show the temp at 40 degrees c which is quite hot if you put the phone to your ear

ezrider55

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V30
Which back do u have ? I have Verizon black leather and it got warm when charging and when it downloaded 6300 pics from my laptop. I don't think it has the overheating issue (808 CPU) that the 810 CPU has. IMHO

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have Verizon and it gets hots randomly when it does background tasks i know its not the battery i think its the cpu since its hot higher than the battery closer to volume buttons

ezrider55

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V30
I think u r right. mine has never gotten warm there. It only gets warm lower down where the battery is. 102 deg. F is the highest I have seen.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've been at 100 F 2 or 3 times but it rapidly cooled off. Not sure what I was doing that would have caused it other than downloading app updates.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
My phone made it up to 103 F last night. It seems to like to stay around 85-98 for the most part. It actually died on me while charging, despite plugging it in at 11%. I'm pretty disappointed with this phone; it's less responsive than my S4 was and the battery life seems to be about the same as my S4 with a 2 year old battery.

MikeS1971

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G4
I noticed that my phone would get hot inside my pocket too. About a week ago I noticed that while in my pocket, it would turn on, make phone calls, send jibberish texts, start/stop apps and change music tracks if I was listening to music.

I found that the "Knock On" feature was the issue. I contacted LG on how to disable it, but they said it couldn't be done. I found a video online that shows that it can. Since disabling it, my phone doesn't heat up any more and battery life has increased dramatically.

On a typical 6 mile walk with my phone in my pocket and running a fitness tracking app and the music, the battery would drain 50% or more. Now it only drops about 8%.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
That's a bummer since i like the knock on feature i wish they would fix

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
My phone made it up to 103 F last night. It seems to like to stay around 85-98 for the most part. It actually died on me while charging, despite plugging it in at 11%. I'm pretty disappointed with this phone; it's less responsive than my S4 was and the battery life seems to be about the same as my S4 with a 2 year old battery.
I have since switched to droid turbo as i could not deal with the overheating issues and bad antenna and repeat texting problems when battery was low and have tried to make the turbo emulate all the good features of the lg g4 and have done most except the hardware button on back i miss and the better resolution and the multitasking and split view features

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk