YUUUUGE Verizon News! Unlimited Data Returning!

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now it's just a waiting game.... we don't have wifi until the 13th, I could use some unlimited data right now...even if it's throttled!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

bastosero

I still also have my UDP with unlimited texts and 450 mins. talk plan, but I've been contemplating in selling it. Just like with others here, I barely use any of my minutes for calling (around 15-20 mins. at most per month). I don't even bother to connect my phone on our wi-fi at home so I average around 25-30 GB of data a month. Although, it would be way below that if I did use the wi-fi, obviously. As for texting, I average around 350-400 a month. So I'm really contemplating selling my account so I don't have to pay around $140 a month for my line.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
I still also have my UDP with unlimited texts and 450 mins. talk plan, but I've been contemplating in selling it. Just like with others here, I barely use any of my minutes for calling (around 15-20 mins. at most per month). I don't even bother to connect my phone on our wi-fi at home so I average around 25-30 GB of data a month. Although, it would be way below that if I did use the wi-fi, obviously. As for texting, I average around 350-400 a month. So I'm really contemplating selling my account so I don't have to pay around $140 a month for my line.
If you sell it now, you sell your number too.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

bastosero

If you sell it now, you sell your number too.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I think there's a way where I can port my current number to another provider before I sell it, but I haven't looked into that in a long while. I thought about selling my line a couple of years ago too.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
I think there's a way where I can port my current number to another provider before I sell it, but I haven't looked into that in a long while. I thought about selling my line a couple of years ago too.
I had my Dad on aline that ended contract and he wanted to keep his number. I needed to put him on my extra line. I had a $5/mo phone through PureTalk and ported it to them. Then ported it to my line still on contract. In the end it cost me ~10 to port his number but i was able to do so.

xeene

Gold Member
They are often slow to move on tech (although they seem to be doing well with 5G), Like when I was getting 1Mb/s on 3G, while everyone else was getting 10Mb/s on HSPA+, and being able to talk at the same time.
Are you sure you aren't talking about sprint?
I've been with vzw for about 15 years and their tech has been years ahead of competition. If fact I remember when HSPA+ was rolling out on att, I had lte on Thunderbolt and speeds of 40+mbps.
Sounds to me that you limited yourself with 3g phone on Verizon when you could have used lte since beginning of 2011.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can no longer "sell" your UDP. Regardless of whether you lose the number or not, you can't give, sell or swap an UDP plan any longer because it's associated with the original users name address etc. It's been this way for a couple years now. Unless you want to give a stranger your personal information, you're out of luck.

S5 tap'n

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
You can no longer "sell" your UDP. Regardless of whether you lose the number or not, you can't give, sell or swap an UDP plan any longer because it's associated with the original users name address etc. It's been this way for a couple years now. Unless you want to give a stranger your personal information, you're out of luck.

S5 tap'n
100% correct. Even if you find a naïve Verizon two who tries to do it believing it can be done, you will find out very quickly that upon attempt to execute that transaction the new owner of the account will immediately be forced onto the tiered pricing plan.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just hope that this little stunt of theirs doesn't somehow mess with the speeds of those of us still on UD. I'm gonna be pissed if my speeds start dropping after a certain number....I need my triple digit UD numbers ea month.

S5 tap'n