ZombieStomped Lockscreen

ek_skotous

Reaction score
I have the ZombieStombed 1.71 ROM. Can the next on the lock screen be customized to say something other than ZombieStomped?

I have searched the forums but I was not able to find an answer

Thanks,

ek_skotous

mza929

Reaction score
Pretty sure all you need to do is use a pulldown editor>>> that should work.

I would use jrummy's "root tools".

OP
E

ek_skotous

Reaction score

I checked out jrummy's "root tools" but they did NOT have the option to change that text that I was looking for. However, I do see that have some other cool options (including more custom boot animations) so thanks for the tip!!

I did some more research and found an XDA article with the answer. I dont have the link but the gist of it is this:

You have to pull the eri.xml file from the framework-res.apk file. You can then replace the eri.xml file within framework-res.apk with another eri.xml that has the desired text you want. Once that is done you have to put the updated framework-res.apk file back on the device. I had to use ADB from the Android SDK to do this as I could not get it to work with Root Explorer. To get an eri.xml with the desired text you can either use a Hex Editor to edit the correct spot in the file (you are limited to somewhere between 9-15 characters) or you can replace the file with another copy that already has the desired text. I ended up replacing the file with another copy I was able to pull that already had the text I wanted.

WARNING: The first time I tried to boot my phone after doing this it hung on the boot animation. I booted to recovery and cleared my cache and that resolved the issue.

Thanks,

ek_skotous

OP
E

ek_skotous

Reaction score

I checked out jrummy's "root tools" but they did NOT have the option to change that text that I was looking for. However, I do see that have some other cool options (including more custom boot animations) so thanks for the tip!!

I did some more research and found an XDA article with the answer. I dont have the link but the gist of it is this:

You have to pull the eri.xml file from the framework-res.apk file. You can then replace the eri.xml file within framework-res.apk with another eri.xml that has the desired text you want. Once that is done you have to put the updated framework-res.apk file back on the device. I had to use ADB from the Android SDK to do this as I could not get it to work with Root Explorer. To get an eri.xml with the desired text you can either use a Hex Editor to edit the correct spot in the file (you are limited to somewhere between 9-15 characters) or you can replace the file with another copy that already has the desired text. I ended up replacing the file with another copy I was able to pull that already had the text I wanted.

WARNING: The first time I tried to boot my phone after doing this it hung on the boot animation. I booted to recovery and cleared my cache and that resolved the issue.

Thanks,

ek_skotous

OK so I REALLY did things the HARD way this time. I just figured out that the built in Customer Scripts (run "Customizer" from a terminal emulator *(make sure to run "su" first to go into superuser mode) include the pull down editor. The pull down editor was in fact made by jrummy. It is just not a part of the "Root Tools.apk" from jrummy that I had installed before.

Thanks again for the tip. I guess its good to know the hard way too. Maybe someone else can benefit from ym mistake.

-ek_skotous