10.2 nightly battery woes

joojoobee666

Reaction score
Something is seriously awry with the battery stats and 10.2 nighties on the D4. Tonight, I was at 85% and rebooted, only to be greeted with a 20% drop in battery life. But the story does not end there; after that, the battery randomly dropped 10% a few times at random intervals while sitting idle in my pocket. See the image below:
View attachment 66477
This has been an ongoing issue for quite some time. What changed between 4.2 and 4.3 ? This is clearly not working well and leaves me to always wonder how much power I actually have.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help narrow down this problem.

Might be more to do with the phone not properly reading or reporting on the battery state. Try getting it back up to 100%, reinstall the rom, and wipe battery stats, then let it run down completely, and recharge back to 100% before unplugging it and see if that properly-calibrates the battery and the phone to get more accurate readings.

I tried all of that a while ago, but no go. After further using this, I noticed a pattern; this only happens if I have had the device plugged in to either the car charger or usb on the PC. Further complicating it, the phone will sometimes shoot from 80 to 100% when plugged in a USB port (not a DC charger, however). I'm guessing the phone is charging at alower amperage when plugged in to either of those, causing the battery stats to just go crazy. I've band-aided my problem by just not using either.

Back