[ROM] [6/6/2012] CM7 for the Droid Pro based on GB

nothing changed. i'va a all-new xt610 with android 2.2.2. could that be the problem???? should i updated to GB first??

nothing changed. i'va a all-new xt610 with android 2.2.2. could that be the problem???? should i updated to GB first??

Yes !!! ... there u are ... it could be a kernel mismatch issue ... v 2.2 's kernel is the oldest ... u need to have the latest GB kernel ... do some research ... here on the forums ... u'll find the GB kernal zip file somewhere ... which u can directly install from the CWM recovery and then u can re install CM7 zip ... things should get back on track after that ...

Are u able to access the CWM recovery from where u r stuck currently ? Then do as advised above ...

--- Sent from my DROID Pro ---

Yes !!! ... there u are ... it could be a kernel mismatch issue ... v 2.2 's kernel is the oldest ... u need to have the latest GB kernel ... do some research ... here on the forums ... u'll find the GB kernal zip file somewhere ... which u can directly install from the CWM recovery and then u can re install CM7 zip ... things should get back on track after that ...

Are u able to access the CWM recovery from where u r stuck currently ? Then do as advised above ...

Read all of directions on page 1, it'll clear up the fact that you need to be on Gingerbread build 4.6.8 or higher.

Read all of directions on page 1, it'll clear up the fact that you need to be on Gingerbread build 4.6.8 or higher.

Sorry Claymoss I am not the one in trouble ... just trying to help the one who is ... :)

Sorry Claymoss I am not the one in trouble ... just trying to help the one who is ... :)

I gotcha, I just hit the reply after your post... I see where you're at, no sweat.

I crashed my Pro: screen shows "bootloader 03.0C _ Code Corrupt _ etc., evrey time i try to install a sbf-file rs-dliteends up with: Error switching phone to bp pass through mode. Failed flashing process. Interface BP: Error sending JUMP command Device API Error: 0XE003003F Address: 0x800000 Command: JUMP (0xE0053203F). Result: FAIL

I crashed my Pro: screen shows "bootloader 03.0C _ Code Corrupt _ etc., evrey time i try to install a sbf-file rs-dliteends up with: Error switching phone to bp pass through mode. Failed flashing process. Interface BP: Error sending JUMP command Device API Error: 0XE003003F Address: 0x800000 Command: JUMP (0xE0053203F). Result: FAIL

Well ... disconnect phone from PC ... restart flashing program ... keep trying ... once even I faced errors while SBF'ng for about 2-3 times ... u could even try and restart ur computer if the above doesn't work ... or u may have to re-download the SBF file from a different link ...

Which RSDlite version are you using? and which .sbf file are you trying to flash? I have always had luck with v5.4.4 of RSDlite, but you may have a bad .sbf file, I have run into that myself. The Gingerbread build 4.6.8 at <http://goo.gl/896Bl> is one that I know works, and will allow you to go directly to CM7 as well.

claymoses

for me , all in good....
the problem is only i cant download and install INSTAGRAM from market.

any info for this?

for me , all in good....
the problem is only i cant download and install INSTAGRAM from market.

any info for this?

i have installed instagram, and i not have any problem!

only problem is that the side button does not work, even with modified button remapper

Been using this ROM for a week. Seems stable and smooth. Only side key bug I notice so far. Not a big deal for me. Thanks to the developers.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

I'm about to install this ROM on my phone so I just want to make sure I understand the process and ask some questions about what works and doesn't.

Installation Process From What I Understand:
-Fully charge phone
-Reboot into stock bootloader by pressing power+vol up+vol down
-run RSD lite and plug in the phone
-Flash phone with this file ( VRZ_XT610_4.6.8_user_signed_1FF.sbf.zip)
-Reboot phone
-Put phone in USB charge only mode
-Root phone via Motorola One Click Root (from the droid pro resources thread, tell me if this will or will not work please)
-Install OTA RootKeeper App
-Download this file and rename it update
-Reboot into bootloader again and update manually
-Download latest CM7 build and put it on SD card (do I have to name it update as well?)
-Install Droid 2 Bootstrap and CWR (or do I need to re-root before this step?)
-Reboot into ClockWork Recovery
-Go to mounts and storage and wipe system, date and cache
-Go back and choose install zip from SD card
-Install Zip
-Reboot
-???
-PROFIT!!!

I'm just making sure I've got everything right. I'd update automatically but my current system version is 4.7.3.XT610.Verizon.en.US and the version in the thread is 4.6.8.XT610.something.or.another. So could I just do an OTA update or do I have to manually update?

Questions about the mod itself (what works, what doesn't)
Does anyone have experience using this mod on Verizon under any setting whether it be CDMA, GSM or Global? Under which settings does it work?
Does wifi work? In earlier pages it was on and off, will everything work right the way I plan on doing the install?
Does battery life improve? This is very important to me, the whole reason for installing this pretty much
Is there anything else that doesn't work? If something doesn't work and you did a different method please list what you did. If something doesn't work and you did the same thing was it because my method was wrong or are there simply still a few bugs?
Also, if I do the flash and everything works can OP edit the first page? The instructions arn't exactly very straight-forward and sometimes adding a note to a step that seems redundant is useful. I'd be more then willing to write instructions and some FAQ for OP to copy+paste as I'm sure there are tons of people who are too lazy to either google or read thru this thread to get the answers they need. Hell, I'm sure someone who reads this will claim I'm being lazy for not reading thru 90+ pages of posts.

I'm about to install this ROM on my phone so I just want to make sure I understand the process and ask some questions about what works and doesn't.

Installation Process From What I Understand:
-Fully charge phone
-Reboot into stock bootloader by pressing power+vol up+vol down
-run RSD lite and plug in the phone
-Flash phone with this file ( VRZ_XT610_4.6.8_user_signed_1FF.sbf.zip)
-Reboot phone
-Put phone in USB charge only mode
-Root phone via Motorola One Click Root (from the droid pro resources thread, tell me if this will or will not work please)
-Install OTA RootKeeper App
-Download this file and rename it update
-Reboot into bootloader again and update manually
-Download latest CM7 build and put it on SD card (do I have to name it update as well?)
-Install Droid 2 Bootstrap and CWR (or do I need to re-root before this step?)
-Reboot into ClockWork Recovery
-Go to mounts and storage and wipe system, date and cache
-Go back and choose install zip from SD card
-Install Zip
-Reboot
-???
-PROFIT!!!

I'm just making sure I've got everything right. I'd update automatically but my current system version is 4.7.3.XT610.Verizon.en.US and the version in the thread is 4.6.8.XT610.something.or.another. So could I just do an OTA update or do I have to manually update?

Questions about the mod itself (what works, what doesn't)
Does anyone have experience using this mod on Verizon under any setting whether it be CDMA, GSM or Global? Under which settings does it work?
Does wifi work? In earlier pages it was on and off, will everything work right the way I plan on doing the install?
Does battery life improve? This is very important to me, the whole reason for installing this pretty much
Is there anything else that doesn't work? If something doesn't work and you did a different method please list what you did. If something doesn't work and you did the same thing was it because my method was wrong or are there simply still a few bugs?
Also, if I do the flash and everything works can OP edit the first page? The instructions arn't exactly very straight-forward and sometimes adding a note to a step that seems redundant is useful. I'd be more then willing to write instructions and some FAQ for OP to copy+paste as I'm sure there are tons of people who are too lazy to either google or read thru this thread to get the answers they need. Hell, I'm sure someone who reads this will claim I'm being lazy for not reading thru 90+ pages of posts.

Rooting GB is tricky worked for some didn't work for many ...

Please follow the following post ...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2195866

Only u need to replace the Gummy zip & ICS GAPPS zip with CM7 zip and GB GAPPS zip ...

If u are already on stock Froyo ... u can skip the SBF part ...

Back