"Android is Upgrading - Starting Application screen"

Sobr0801

Reaction score
Hashcode,

Have you heard of this problem happening to people flashing ICS on the bionic and during bootup freezing at this screen. Me and another guy have come to the conclusion that it happens for something to do with the front facing camera forceclosing during initial setup. Is there anything short or replacing the camera that we can do to get around this?

Thanks,

Sobr0801

Psychlone

Reaction score
I had the same issue with every version of CM9 on my Bionic... but mine didn't have anything to do with the FFC to my knowledge. Mine ALWAYS happened after toggling WiFi and the phone would reboot itself and go straight to "Starting Applications".

To this day, I can replicate it any time I desire to be without a phone for 20 minutes, but have never found the answer. For me I don't care though - I've had it with the Bionic, and after having 3 of them now due to loss of data, wifi problems and random reboots, I've been upgraded to a Razr Maxx.

I do, however, hope that Hashcode0f chimes in with something - I know it's more than just 3 users, and I'm SURE that he's the one to answer it.

Good luck!

OP
S

Sobr0801

Reaction score
Found out more

Thanks Phychlone. Gapps force closes upon boot-up and not the camera. The camera just doesn't work at all. I got it to boot again yesterday, but once again it just freezes upon reboot.