anyone insalled PDAnet on their Revolution?

jetman

Reaction score
I have PDAnet installed on my Droid and laptop and it works great. I want to make sure it works on the Revolution before I upgrade my phone to it. Anyone have it on their phone?
Thanks

Cyno

Reaction score
I Just bought an LG Revloution yesterday and installed PDAnet. I went through a ton of documents online, trying to get it to run through the installer correctly and failing because it could not make the Android ADB Interface connection to the PC. After installing JDKs and Android SDKs until I was blue in the face, I tried one thing that probably could have prevented all the extra work and installations.

As you run the installer for PDAnet and it tells you to connect your phone, after you plug in the cable, on the phone pull down menu select, "USB connected" and choose "Internet connection" NOT "Mass storage" or "Charge only" as the instructions suggest.

After that it installed and connected perfectly.

BTW I have also used PDAnet on my Droid X and Windows Mobile 6 phones. My only real complaint with it is that it doesn't have an option to automatically reconnect x number of tries on connection failure.

The good thing about it is that, it saves battery/power by not running the WiFi as the phone would in Mobile Hotspot mode. In 4G Hot Spot mode, even with the phone on charge the battery slowly drains, not so with PDAnet, however, you can only connect one PC, as opposed to 5 with the mobile Hotspot.

Last edited: