[ROM] | aokp | axi0m [b] | kang | 4.0.3 | 2/24/2012 |

wooddale

Reaction score
Use a stable ROM.

KIN3TX 901 + ICS T-PAX + ICS launcher (team syndicate) is what I'm running. It works in car dock, bluetooth connection in every car ( i drive a different rental car every week ) although you may need autostarts app to stop bluetooth from sending auto play signals depending on the vehicle.

I love having the latest candy on my phone, but I depend so much on my phone when I travel that I can't use an alpha/beta ROM. I depend on the ability to fly into a strange city mount my car dock in a rental car and turn that car into a mobile operations center. I need it all Navigation, Music, phone, email, text... it all has to WORK or I'm lost, losing precious time, and making less money. It's amazing how many ROMS out there show very little understanding of the Car Dock and how great it is. First thing I do is nuke "Car Home" that piece of software is USELESS.

If you don't have a Bionic Car Dock, BUY ONE! It's the best $40 I ever spent (at a Verizon store, best $40 of all time was Tijuana ).
Maybe its because I dont use all the stuff you guys do but Im running Eclipse rom 902 and everything works ever try it or am I missing something

elementalwindx

Reaction score
ughh I thought he meant kin3tx was ICS now. Mis-read what he said. :'( blehhhhh. Come on guys, please fix these very small issues and release a nightly for me pwease? :)

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
ughh I thought he meant kin3tx was ICS now. Mis-read what he said. :'( blehhhhh. Come on guys, please fix these very small issues and release a nightly for me pwease? :)

You should just learn how to do it yourself. It's alot easier then you think. Devs will always have a story as to why they don't update. :rolleyes: Do a Lil googling and build your own ROMs and themes so your not at the mercy of these guys.

Sent from my xclipsed Bionic

Last edited:

evan_mei

Reaction score
I can never find the links to the rom on these forums.. someone help me out. I'm new at this...

ajjaeger

Reaction score
Check the OP. It's on the very first page of this tread, along with instructions, screens and other useful information. Google only gets you so far. :)

madboss

Reaction score
Hey i flashed this and don't seem to have backup assistant or google play (android market). Is there a way to download the apk files correctly. I downloaded apk for google play and it still wont open it just does a fast close. Any ideas?

FourFive

Reaction score
Hey i flashed this and don't seem to have backup assistant or google play (android market). Is there a way to download the apk files correctly. I downloaded apk for google play and it still wont open it just does a fast close. Any ideas?

You cant even find the Android Market??? You should just have to launch that and it will upgrade it to google play if I'm not mistaken.

kkohler92

Reaction score
Hey - so maybe im in the wrong spot, but i am having issues with 4g/3g running on this ROM. I have tried toggling GSM and LTE/CDMA both with and without wifi on. I can get the 4G and 3G icon in the top right to show up, but cant get it to actually work. (it just stays grey) any help is appreciated.

Also - what is "Set up data service"

Thanks

kkohler92

Reaction score
^^ Follow up...sorry for the double posts (im new to this)

couple things -

1) anyone get the camcorder to work?

2) is there a solid fix for the data dropping? i had it going for about 5 hours then i lost 100% of all my connections (wifi, data and non data)

3)anyone have issues with Facebook not syncing the pictures to the contacts? or have an easy fix? i tried 2 different apps (syncmypix and friendcaster) to no prevail.

Thanks!

sloscial

Reaction score
Data Dropping

Holy cow...data dropping? Guys, that was fixed back in March. You need to update to the latest Axi0m here:
http://rombot.droidhive.com/ROMs/targa/AXI0M_AOKP_B15_BIONIC_3-20_SIGNED.zip

That particular release of ROM didn't solve my data dropping issues. In fact, every ICS ROM that I've tried for my Bionic including AXI0M's B15, the AOKP and CM9s nightlies, and those from TeamGummy have had similar issues:
1) temporary 4g connectivity (and then random loss of)
2) 4g connectivity indication but no real connectivity (ghost 4g)
3) requiring of toggling between GSM and CDMA/LTE using *#*#4636#*#* or Phone Info when loss occurs (rebooting sometimes solves it temporarily as well)

I do know that there are reports of getting consistent data using 3g, but I own a 4g phone and would like to use it.

In any case, I've started using Eclipse 2.2 which has been rock solid. I'd recommend anyone that has been struggling with the ICS based ROMs but hasn't tried eclipse take a look.

crobs808

Reaction score
That particular release of ROM didn't solve my data dropping issues. In fact, every ICS ROM that I've tried for my Bionic including AXI0M's B15, the AOKP and CM9s nightlies, and those from TeamGummy have had similar issues:
1) temporary 4g connectivity (and then random loss of)
2) 4g connectivity indication but no real connectivity (ghost 4g)
3) requiring of toggling between GSM and CDMA/LTE using *#*#4636#*#* or Phone Info when loss occurs (rebooting sometimes solves it temporarily as well)

I do know that there are reports of getting consistent data using 3g, but I own a 4g phone and would like to use it.

In any case, I've started using Eclipse 2.2 which has been rock solid. I'd recommend anyone that has been struggling with the ICS based ROMs but hasn't tried eclipse take a look.

Of course Eclipse has solid data, it is GB with an ICS "theme", not real ICS. Every GB rom has solid data.

As far as your problems with the AXI0M 3-20 ROM, you are most likely in a bad area (solid 3G zone, but poor 4G LTE zone). ICS handles 4G differently than GB does (not better or wose, just differently). I am in a huge city/metroplex and don't have any issues with 4G dropping. If I switch to other ICS roms I will have problems (Gummy, CM9, generic AOKP, etc.). Of course, I have coverage everywhere I drive in a 30 mile radius (never goes into 3G), so my guess is that it is your area. Even phones that were designed for ICS may drop LTE while standing still. In the same area you might have solid 3G, but lots of 4G drops w/o even moving on an official ICS phone, so unless you are in a VERY populated area (6 million+ people) you cannot rule out your area being a problem for 4G/LTE drops. The infrastructure is just not there yet, even in 2012. In fact, I don't expect the LTE infrastructure to really be as solid as current 3G nationwide until 2016. By then we'll be buying 5G, 6G phones anyway and complaining about the coverage of THAT new technology...the cycle continues.

Last edited:

BigZig

Reaction score
I do not have data dropping issue my issue is when i rebot my phone the phone can not find a signal at all. I have try toggling airplane mode switching to CMDA then back to LTE nothing works i love this rom but this issue has made me go back to stock. Any known Fix?

The only way i have found that fixes this is to reflash the rom and this gets very annoying.

Last edited: