ApeX V2.0.0 Release Candidate (RC2) Bugs

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
Just figured I'd start a thread in case anyone ever has any problems with this rom. This rom has been amazing I can't believe how fast it is, only error I have encountered so far, is that when flashing the zip for blur home launcher, it doesn't work, home screen = blank screen, good thing i made a backup first :D

C

Communisum

Just figured I'd start a thread in case anyone ever has any problems with this rom. This rom has been amazing I can't believe how fast it is, only error I have encountered so far, is that when flashing the zip for blur home launcher, it doesn't work, home screen = blank screen, good thing i made a backup first :D

I would like the blurhome as well, but other than that were goin goooo :)

GSletta

Reaction score
Radio breaking

The only problem i am having with this rom is the occasional breaking of the radio, but a quick restart fixes it

trinidad716

Reaction score
Physical Keyboard

Ok so the rom is very smooth, everything is fine cept for a lil annoying thing where physical keyboard starts acting crazy,

Like every few letters opens up an app or something this happens while im typing forcing me to switch to the screen, or the letter will be in all caps and no way to change it. It all fixes it self with a reboot but it does happen quite a bit, is there a fix for this?

OP
DroidBurgundy

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
Ok so the rom is very smooth, everything is fine cept for a lil annoying thing where physical keyboard starts acting crazy,

Like every few letters opens up an app or something this happens while im typing forcing me to switch to the screen, or the letter will be in all caps and no way to change it. It all fixes it self with a reboot but it does happen quite a bit, is there a fix for this?

I have experienced this several times on many roms; when typing on the qwerty kb, press the search button, i don't know the technical reason or explanation, but sometimes when typing certain letters automatically launch certain apps via the pre-set quick launch combos even if you aren't pressing the search button. OFC you could also remove all shortcuts too, I usually do, the only 2 shortcuts I use is for bootstrap and TIBU in case I mess things up and need to get to Clockwork recovery

Last edited:

The Albatross

Reaction score

I have experienced this several times on many roms; when typing on the qwerty kb, press the search button, i don't know the technical reason or explanation, but sometimes when typing certain letters automatically launch certain apps via the pre-set quick launch combos even if you aren't pressing the search button. OFC you could also remove all shortcuts too, I usually do, the only 2 shortcuts I use is for bootstrap and TIBU in case I mess things up and need to get to Clockwork recovery

Yeah this happens with several ROMs, I just went into settings and turned off all the keyboard shortcuts.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I really just miss the keyboard and the blur music player... I kinda like the new keyboard, but the keys are smaller which sucks...

sent from my ApeX

OP
DroidBurgundy

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score

tnygigles66

Reaction score
i noticed when you are at the unlock screen and you slide the keyboard open you get a correct clockwise rotation and when you close it you get a correct counterclockwise rotation. However, when you slide the phone open to get the unlock screen the slide it closed you get an incorrect clockwise rotation. I've noticed it on the liberty GB V8 as well.

Also Hulu does not show up in the market, but you can find the apk on xda and it works fine.

For some odd reason launcher pro and adw and wicked laggy on this rom, but everything else is speedy.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Launcherpro is crazy fast for me...

sent from my ApeX

medic77

Reaction score
Rom works good. Only issue I have with it is that one of my apps will not install.
The app is medscape and I begt error 18 when trying to install.

Insidious

Reaction score
For me superuser won't update, some FC's here and there (fix permissions didn't fix it) and when I set up a pattern lock it gets rid of the lockscreen. Still loving the rom though!

Sent from my APEXified DROID 2

bitz

Reaction score
I have noted a few things that are giving me trouble. When trying to connect to an ad-hoc wifi network, network settings FCs without connecting. Also on some games intro videos will not play (Big Time Gangster) Dungeon hunter 2 also is really laggy to start up for the first time, and will not complete the download of the resources (don't know if that has anything to do with the rom).

Other then that this is my first rom on my D2, coming from a stock D2G (terrible experience, was waiting for official GB, gave up waiting after they missed the soak test rollout) and before that a D1 running CM7. Great work!

dano_droid2

Reaction score
I just flashed gingerbread and Apex2 on my droid2 this afternoon, I like the ROM a lot, but my phone calls are extremely quiet. Even when I put it on speakerphone its no louder than through the phone speaker....help?

C

Communisum

You should be able to just reset once, and you should be good. Gingerbread thing, not the rom.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums