Battery indicators/widgets

greycobalt

Reaction score
Any opinions on the best widgets or programs for battery info? Also, is there a way to change the standard battery icon in the notification tray into something cooler, or would that require a ROM? Thanks!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I think batt stat is a pretty nice one.

As for the icon it won't require a rom, but a theme can do it. Either way you'd have to root.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
greycobalt

greycobalt

Reaction score
Yeah I'm rooted just to remove bloatware and use some backup programs, but I figured I'd get some cool looking things while I was at it. :)

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
In that case check out some themes and see if there a battery icon you like. The dev might help you pull that out just to use it if you don't want the whole theme.

Sent from somewhere...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I don't have an X so haven't looked. I would say look around here and droidxforums.com

Sent from somewhere...

DThomp

Reaction score
You could use NinjaMorph from the market. With it I changed my status bar icons 3 times today. All you need are the right images.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

turdbogls

Reaction score
battery status donate is a good one, with about 20 different themes.
minimalistic text is another good one if you are into that style
and battery solo widget is another good one.
system info is one that i use, very nice, but not as "pretty" as the others.

as for changing battery icons in the status bar, it is fairly easy with ninjaMorph. pull the images you want out of the framework-res.apk from a theme (its in system/framwork/framework-res.apk/drawable-hdpi folder) and it will be stat_sys_battery_0,5,10,15,20,30,40,50 ect...then there are the charging icons as well. just use ninjamorph to change those out, and you are golden. did it just yesterday to my Dx

jonwgee

Reaction score
Try Battery Diviner. It learns your usage patterns over time and predicts your remaining battery life. It resets everytime you flash a new rom, so if you're. A serial flasher, it wont learn your usage as fast, but does show your remaining.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App