Battery life

imbue

Reaction score
DaKlaxx is correct - draining your battery completely is harmful to the battery and will shorten the battery life. Don't do it. If you need proof, read this: How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

Props to you and DaKlaxx. I have mis informed a couple people, and have been mis informed in the same regard to a full discharge. It was recommended to me to proceed with at least 1 full discharge, then after that things are good. After reading your article jcgam...my head hurts and is now crammed with more techno info...BUT now I know. As we all know...."knowing is half the battle" Go Joe. Still trying to figure out what the other half is by the way.

Great article, one everyone here should read.

rogerthat227

Reaction score
This is NUTS!!! Why are only the noobies finding this out or saying this?? Got the same info everyone else did, to condition the battery...guess that was very wrong. Its not only that article either, I did further research on the subject and it seems everyone is in agreement that draining the battery fully or even 75% between charges leads to quicker battery deterioration than if you charged frequently!!!

breedingh8

Reaction score
This is NUTS!!! Why are only the noobies finding this out or saying this?? Got the same info everyone else did, to condition the battery...guess that was very wrong. Its not only that article either, I did further research on the subject and it seems everyone is in agreement that draining the battery fully or even 75% between charges leads to quicker battery deterioration than if you charged frequently!!!

True its the first couple MAIN or fully charges that "CONDITION" the battery no need to discharge past 15-20% thats why they default at 25%

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Really?
This must not apply to my 2 ye old d1. I try to drain my to "off" status as much as possible. Sitting on 15% right now with over 18hrs of heavy use daily ...

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

jcgam

Reaction score
Regardless of how or why old battery conditioning myths persist, we need to spread the word to other Razr owners. This information is especially important to us since our batteries are not replaceable.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol the first burn as I have stated previously is crucial to drain completely..Then its good to charge at 75% use. This isn't new or some kind of breakthrough in battery knowledge. This info has been in the manuals since my flip phone days... The importance is to spread to new owners that like to play with the phone on a factory charge until it dies and bump charging from day one. I would suggest the same complete drain after fully charging the first time and then charging back to 100% again without playing with it. That's how I've always done it and my batteries have usually been flawless...but that's just me and my habits as I totally researched even though a many of Verizon sales people won't even mention it. Lol they should! And hope you all will be at ease with the fact that we have a non removable battery yes but I've had the best ever with this device and a travel battery backup supply unit is available if one charge isn't long enough and you need more for certain rare occasions as camping or etc...I have ordered one and am researching the phone case with built in battery now as they are becoming a great new addition for these type phones...peace!

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

Deron

Reaction score
Edit: another note to add - smart actions turn off everything that could drain the battery except cell data while i'm asleep. After 7 1/2 hours of sleep my phone dropped from 100-82. No rogue apps and like I said, no background data. I also keep a 3-5 bar signal at all times, usually 4-5. Frustrating.

Indeed there is something different between our phones. My experiments show that with Smart Actions shutting off cellular data while the screen is off, my phone only drains a half a percentage point each hour. So if I were to go to bed with a full battery and 8 hours of sleep, in the morning my battery would read like 96 or 95 %.

Either your battery is not optimal or some app is actually running. One thing to check, and this is a long shot, is the Google Maps app. I had a problem one time with the Maps app using battery juice. It kept running in the background even though I was not activity using it. I even went into apps in my settings to force close it. It would still come back. So I did a forced reboot and it stopped the app from running in the background.
Sorry, you may have answered this already, but have you tried the factory reset?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
My battery life is much worse than my x 2... I am on wifi.. I'm using the razr way much less than the x2 because most of my stuff is still on my x 2... another thing I noticed is that the 3g icons stay on with the wifi all the time. the only way they go out is if I disable the data connection with a widget or juice defender... problem is with juice defender I can't send or receive mms text without disabling it. none of my other 4 android phones keep the mobile data connection active while on wifi...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

epphllps

Reaction score
Indeed there is something different between our phones. My experiments show that with Smart Actions shutting off cellular data while the screen is off, my phone only drains a half a percentage point each hour. So if I were to go to bed with a full battery and 8 hours of sleep, in the morning my battery would read like 96 or 95 %.

Either your battery is not optimal or some app is actually running. One thing to check, and this is a long shot, is the Google Maps app. I had a problem one time with the Maps app using battery juice. It kept running in the background even though I was not activity using it. I even went into apps in my settings to force close it. It would still come back. So I did a forced reboot and it stopped the app from running in the background.
Sorry, you may have answered this already, but have you tried the factory reset?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I have factory reset twice since the 11th of November. No gps running and Maps isn't running. The only thing I can advise about is the Moto Music app can continue to run in the background and suck up HUGE data numbers, hundreds of MBs. Not a problem if you monitor it and also keep motocast in check (I mention this for some newer Razr users). Did it again last night at 100% and dropped down to 92% after 4 hours 31 minutes. Android system was 93% of battery with Display at 4% and Idle at 3%.

jcgam

Reaction score
I use smart actions to disable all wireless connections and data sync attempts at night. If the phone is off the charger and the battery is at 100% before I go to bed then it is consistently at 100% when I wake up using the built-in battery meter, which is probably rounded up. I have no complaints about the battery whatsoever.

epphllps

Reaction score
I use smart actions to disable all wireless connections and data sync attempts at night. If the phone is off the charger and the battery is at 100% before I go to bed then it is consistently at 100% when I wake up using the built-in battery meter, which is probably rounded up. I have no complaints about the battery whatsoever.

If you want true battery %, or as close as we can get to true, try Battery Circle. Sits in the notification bar and works well. Not intrusive.

DaKlaxx

Reaction score
** Dear imbue you weren't completely wrong. I haven't read the article yet haven't had the time. The deal is this, it is dangerous to lithium batterys there is another type of battery I can't remember the name of but it is highly recommended to do with. So you may have been informed correctly and just understood wrong or the person who gave you the info understood wrong. The fact still stands don't drain your lithium battery or let it die if you see it getting below 15% turn your phone off and if you can take the battery out the batterys just not made for that kind of abuse

-Brought to you by
- DaKlaxx

rogerthat227

Reaction score
My battery life is much worse than my x 2... I am on wifi.. I'm using the razr way much less than the x2 because most of my stuff is still on my x 2... another thing I noticed is that the 3g icons stay on with the wifi all the time. the only way they go out is if I disable the data connection with a widget or juice defender... problem is with juice defender I can't send or receive mms text without disabling it. none of my other 4 android phones keep the mobile data connection active while on wifi...

Simple fix....make a Smart Action. Trigger - Wifi Connected Action - Cellular Data Off. After realizing I had the same issue I made the Smart Action and it has worked out well. Only hitch, you have to manually turn Cell Data back on after you close out your Wifi, or when you eventually want it back on. Its all about the tweaking.

epphllps

Reaction score
Okay guys. I have some screenshots for the people who understand what expected battery life should be. Check out these pictures and let me know if this is normal. If it is...I'll take it and move on from the battery debate.

I personally just refuse to accept this as normal! Thanks in advance.

a6f9c090-3b58-5703.jpg

a6f9c090-3b7f-172a.jpg

a6f9c090-3b8c-d79b.jpg

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Thanks for the screen shots....what app are you using? I used andross on the dx2 and it doesn't work on the razr ...