Best case for the DI?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
anyone have any thoughts on the Otterbox cases made for this phone?
In out due to extra thick battery BUT the defender on my Omnia is, well, Incredible. It saved my phone from numerous drops in the snow and I got some pretty cool shots* under water* on my Omnia with it on this summer
** disclaimer;I accept no responsibility if you try this and your phone ends up water damaged

sent from my Incredible via SlideIT on Tapatalk

LowType2

Reaction score
Another vote for the Speck case.. The only problems with it is the shiney finish scratches really easy and with my ocd it bugs me. Also the "bright" neon ruberized edge wears quik and is always dirty. I clean mine everyother day. The best part is when I whip it out girls love it. I get compliments on the case all the time.

Detonation

Reaction score
I like Verizon's Silicon Case:

Verizon Wireless - High Gloss Silicone Protective Cover

Doesn't add too much bulk, basically levels out the back with the camera lens and the front border prevents the screen from touching the surface when laying face down. Most importantly it adds decent drop protection. Got mine for ~$13 after corp. discount.

Last edited:

dansdinc

Reaction score
For what it's worth..another vote for the Seidio Innocase here. Feels better in my hand than no case at all, without much bulk.

rmreid

Reaction score
Picked up a NIB OB Defender the other day, install was easy but the slim, sleek Dinc becomes easily lost in the OB protection of the Defender.
Looks like it will protect your Dinc against the normal day to day drops and bangs, but it is bulkier and might take a bit to get used to - My only complaint so far, is that I dislike the holster that it came with

pat3ck

Reaction score
We like Seidio Innocase because it is thin and gives a better grip.

yojay

Reaction score
Here is the case that I use - 2 piece that I got on ebay for under $10.00 shipped

I have this case and love it, except I left the holster clipped to the seatback pocket in front me on a plane over the summer. Just as well since I already have to carry a Blackberry in a holster for work, now I carry my DInc in my shirt pocket. Got too bulky trying to keep 2 phones on a belt at once anyway.

yojay

Reaction score
I use the shiny silicone case available from Verizon (mine is red, but it also comes in purple and in black), and while I does add a little bit of "bulk", I've found that the protection is worth it. My son uses the Body Glove case, or at least I bought him one, but I very seldom see him using it!

I got the Body Glove case when I bought my phone in April and it was a disaster. It was so bulky as a holster that I kept bumping my DInc into things, and it had the screen facing out! WTF? I gave up when I was squeezing past a car in a parking lot and it got caught and dumped my Dinc to the pavement. The two pieces never really stayed clicked shut after that.

Plus, the ridge it put around the edge made it tough to touch anything near the edge of the screen, like the enter key on my keyboard.

The case cracked and was a liability until I could get a different one.

lenardroid

Reaction score
My Brother have an Otterbox and Seidio Innocase II for his Incredible. Very durable and economical too . Why not try those two out.

Gnat66

Reaction score
Otter Box Commuter

After researching a lot of cases I decided on the Otter Box Commuter series case for my Incredible. I cannot be happier with the case. It provides the impact protection of silicone and an outer hard/durable shell. It adds a little thickness to the phone, sure, but I actually like the way it feel in my hand and pocket with it on. I suggest checking it out to all Incredible users.

TurboDub

Reaction score
The Verizon Speck case is nice. I bought that not too long ago and I really like it as it is one piece and gives the phone a nice feel to it without adding too much bulk to it.

I DEFINENTLY AGREE! the speck is a great case that adds good protection with minimul bulk and access to all the features on the outside of the phone (volume, etc...) also it has a very nice look to it with its red and black color scheme o_0 i seriously reccomend.

octoberdana

Reaction score
I tried a reveal case but found it to be too bulky and made the bottom of my phone feel too warm. So I returned it and opted for the Verizon gradient snap on hard cover case. Good protection, little bulk, and looks really classy.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App