Best way to buy a phone these days?

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Probably going to get the Moto Z or Z Force in the next month or so. But I'm so sick of going to the Verizon stores. Where/what is the best way to get one of these Z phones?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I had an upgrade available. Paid $1.99 + tax for the Moto Z & JBL Speaker mod, plus I'll have a one-time $40 upgrade fee on my next bill.

Of course, I said goodbye to my unlimited data years ago...

Sent from my Moto Z

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Still have my unlimited, so I had to go the payment route this time, do it online with best buy though. They had the free projector promotion. That is the new "discount", free accessories.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
I had Verizon pay off my Note 4, and my wife's iPhone 6 Plus, when we came over from AT&T. I'm not sorry that i did it, as we get much better service where we live, but next time i may try Best Buy, to get a better deal.:p

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Looks like Best Buy is the winner! I'm just so frustrated with dealing with VZ store employees who act like they know everything when they don't, then shame you because they didn't know. This is my experience almost every time! I try to be friendly, asking basic questions, how payment options work (cause they change every year it seems), but they always have to ask a manager, or they've given me 'answers' that weren't even pertinent AND were wrong, so I say something and they get all annoyed. I asked what OS my Turbo was when I got it and he SWORE it was ICS, even though it was Key Lime Pie! What?! The two stores I've been to over the years both have a 2.3/5 rating on Google and Yelp, almost all negative reviews from customer service. I just, I can't...

I worked retail for years, just sad some of the stuff they can get away with saying just to make a sale. Sleazier than used car dealers from my experience!

Edit: I saw legalkill mention the projector...anyone use the projector accessory? Is it any good?

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Yes! Sorry I meant Kit Kat, it's been awhile since I kept up with phone tech and forgot they had changed it to Kit Kat even though everyone was talking about KLP. Thanks for the correction!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
We know what we're talking about here.

I haven't dealt with a real person on the purchase of my last 3 phones or the last few times I've tweaked my plan.

Sent from my Moto Z

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I'm pretty excited to try it out, not gonna lie :cool:

My only concern is how shipping time and impatient I am when it comes to a new phone! I'm so good at holding off on things until necessary, except for smartphones...when it's upgrade time...I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve. Tomorrow morning can't come soon enough!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

My only concern is how shipping time and impatient I am when it comes to a new phone! I'm so good at holding off on things until necessary, except for smartphones...when it's upgrade time...I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve. Tomorrow morning can't come soon enough!
I hear that! I considered paying extra for faster shipping than the free offering, but decided that would make it less of a great deal.

Sent from my Moto Z

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X

We waited almost a month for our phones....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk