[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for the Droid X

OP
phalstead

phalstead

Reaction score
I flashed cm7 today and can say that it is much more responsive than liberty 2.01. There are a few quirks like the pulldown bar says T CDMA something and I want to change that but otherwise it is fantastic. Also I recommend downloading the new swype beta. Any clues how to change the pulldown bar?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I know the long way around to change the pulldown menu text on a stock build, but I don't know exactly how it's set in CM7 yet, and for fear of breaking it, I've chosen not to snoop around and play with XML files too much.

BOA

Reaction score
Anyone tried the MDW install yet? How did it go?
Download: CM7 Released for the DROIDX - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Instructions: [MDW VERSION]

*Note – This method works regardless of the OS build on your phone. Can be used with Gingerbread or 2.2.
1. Download the All-in-One Monster file. [Download] [Mirror]
2. Drop the file on your SD card and reboot into recovery.
3. Go to mounts and storage
4. Format system
5. Format data
6. Format cache
7. Mount system
8. Go back
9. Go to install update from zip
10. Select the update-cm-*-MONSTER.zip
11. Install
12. Install gapps (instructions at the bottom)
*YOU WILL GET A RADIO INSTALL ERROR IGNORE THIS AND RESTART PHONE.
*To install the Radio **** Must be done for GPS to work***After intial install of CM7
13. Hold down power button and select reboot and then recovery.
14. In recovery select “install zip from sdard.”
15. Select “choose zip from sdcard.”
16. Find the Monster.zip and install.
17. Reboot phone.
Instructions for Google Apps:

1. Once you have CM7 up and running you can find Google Apps in ROM Manager.
2. Flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
3. Head into Download ROM and select one of the Google Apps (cvpcs recommended 20110307).
4. Install.
*FINAL NOTE (PLEASE READ) - DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES INSTALL/RUN DROIDXBOOTSTRAP OR DROID2BOOTSTRAP WHILE RUNNING CM7. IF YOU IGNORE THIS YOU WILL HAVE TO SBF YOUR DEVICE.
Full support can be found at RootzWiki and MyDroidWorld.

Cheers faber, Michael K, and Nick!

idol

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can do an advanced restore if I was on GB?

Snow02

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can do an advanced restore if I was on GB?

If you're asking if you can restore nandroid data from a gb backup on cm7, the answer is no.

natedogg11

Reaction score
Can I get back to Liberty GB if I try this? Is it just a flash of .596 deodex or SBF? Or is there more to it?

All advice is appreciated. Thanks.

OP
phalstead

phalstead

Reaction score
Nate, I'm not totally sure why you'd wanna go back to Liberty after CM, but from what I've read you should be able to flash the zip posted above from MDW, and if it's not your cup of tea, reflash Liberty via recovery. There's only one way to find out if things work. Help is just an SBF away.

OP
phalstead

phalstead

Reaction score
Idol, here's a couple of screens via drocap.

natedogg11

Reaction score
I'm more curious just in case this Beta is too buggy. I know once it is completely done, I'll probably have no desire to ever come back, but I like to know that if I try the P3 install method, I have a way out in case it doesn't work.

Thanks for the quick reply....much appreciated.

aayoo

Reaction score
I gave it a try and I ended flashing back to previous rooted. 596 setup.

I chose the mdw clockwork method and upon installation I was unable to reactivate my phone due to a lack of the dialpad during the activation process(probably would have saw better results flashing from. 340 instead.) Beyond that I decided to play around for a while just to see what all was incorporated in the beta. It definitely has its perks and im excited to see its full potential in upcoming builds. A few things that didn't sit well with me we're the miniature keyboard size, lack of landscape to portrait screen transition animations and the already mentioned gps and camera issues. I didn't have time to make tweaks to the framework due to needing my phone for incoming calls, but im certain CM is going to be a winner in time when all of the bugs are worked out. Im ecstatic knowing that MIUI can now be ported as well based on what all has been given to us in CM. Im going to leave this to the pros and get on board when things have been ironed out but its looking good for us DX users out there.

robt7970

Reaction score
all i had to do was download the blackhat version. did my usual wipes and BAAAM!! its up and running. Im loving it. but all I have a problem with is the battary life... APEX rc had great batt without tweaking it.. so help is needed if someone knows how to.. I dont.

BOA

Reaction score
all i had to do was download the blackhat version. did my usual wipes and BAAAM!! its up and running. Im loving it. but all I have a problem with is the battary life... APEX rc had great batt without tweaking it.. so help is needed if someone knows how to.. I dont.

Oh Really?? TBH has a version that will work without any additional work just flashing? Nice... what about the other monster.zip file we had to do for the Radio?

robt7970

Reaction score
I also flashed the monster again after I booted uponce just incase... and installed gapps.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums