IM Presence
Live Wallpaper Picker
Magic Smoke Wallpapers
Mobile Hotspot
MOG Music
MOTOACTV
MotoCast
MOTOPRINT
My Music (regular Music app still works)
My Uploads
My Verizon Mobile
Netflix
news
NFL Mobile
Slacker
Slingbox
*Social Location
*Social Messaging
*Social Messaging Service
*Social Networking
*Social Sharing
*Social Status
sound recorder
task manager
terminal emulator
Talk
voicemail
V CAST Tones
Verizon Location Agent
Verizon Video
VideoSurf
VZ Navigator
youtube

if you want to replace stock apps with asop
delete
all bur email apps clock, all music apps, and the blur msging app
install
asop email 2.3.4
alarm clock 2.0.2
car home 2.2.1.2
sms 2.3.3
music 2.3.3
are all confirmed to work on a stock d4. most of em i got from cm 7.0.3

chefboyardee

Reaction score
what happened was i couldnt edit my contacts it would crash... but if i used go launcher i could... this was due to an authenticator and some other file i deleted

IIRC someone in another thread (or possibly this one lol) mentioned that it was Yahoo Authenticator that caused editing contacts to be hosed. I have Yahoo Auth defrosted, but I froze a bunch of crap like Orkut and Photobucket and I can edit contacts still. So you might be safe to freeze all the authenticators except Yahoo.

1 day plus, wow...looks like I'm gonna have to try underclocking this weekend!

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
IIRC someone in another thread (or possibly this one lol) mentioned that it was Yahoo Authenticator that caused editing contacts to be hosed. I have Yahoo Auth defrosted, but I froze a bunch of crap like Orkut and Photobucket and I can edit contacts still. So you might be safe to freeze all the authenticators except Yahoo.

1 day plus, wow...looks like I'm gonna have to try underclocking this weekend!
i read this as well and it is yahoo and somthing else, i tried it already lol... not sure what the other app is tho... okut and photobucket can be removed like you said... as for under-clocking; for overall time look at 600 mhz max 300 min; try 800max 300 min for a faster phone that lasts long.. smart actions is a great app as well for saving power.. i disable sync at 50% power and when the screen is off. i change the dimmer as well to 30 secs.

LaughDonor

Reaction score
I still entrust Tasker way more than Smart Actions..... I guess Smart Actions is just easier to use, but doesn't rival when Juice Defender and Tasker are both combined.

reichbc

Reaction score
I will also concur that the the "Email Engine 2.3.6" being frozen caused my texts to not generate notifications.

That's another confirmed. Freezing "Email Engine" disables SMS notifications, both light and sound. Thanks to the guys who found this, it's been chapping my butt for a while now.

rwreuter

Reaction score
ok, i froze all those apps and now i am getting this:

"the application zumoservice (process com.zecter.droid.services) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again"

anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this?

Rob

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
ok, i froze all those apps and now i am getting this:

"the application zumoservice (process com.zecter.droid.services) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again"

anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this?

Rob
I think ZumoService is MotoCast related. Unfreeze Motocast and Motocast ID and see if you still get the message?

obogobo

Reaction score
Yeah it's related to Motocast I'm pretty sure. You can freeze ZumoService as well, I did and that error stopped popping up

Cegal

Reaction score
Anyone else have this problem: After freezing bloatware from the list, my droid is missing the lock screen completely...but only when the screen times out. Not when I lock the phone manually.

Edit: I have also lost my text message notifications, no light, sound, vibrate or the flag in the top left corner. I know that was covered already but I don't have that process frozen.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

Last edited:

GuitarSkater

Reaction score
Anyone else have this problem: After freezing bloatware from the list, my droid is missing the lock screen completely...but only when the screen times out. Not when I lock the phone manually.

Edit: I have also lost my text message notifications, no light, sound, vibrate or the flag in the top left corner. I know that was covered already but I don't have that process frozen.

I have had this list frozen since the initial release of the phone, I just started having this problem with the lock screen, when you hit the sleep button the screen turns off but when hitting it again to wake up the phone it goes straight to where you were last (not the unlock screen)

Cegal

Reaction score
The first time I went through the list, it happened like that but now it's only missing if the screen times out on it's own. To get my lockscreen back I had to restore to before I froze anything. Defrosting wouldn't work! I'm stumped because in my attempt to recreate the missing lockscreen, I have it as it is now. In a few moments I plan to try defrosting to find my lock screen and my text notifications. If not, then another restore I guess.

Cegal

Reaction score
Defrosting did not work, it called for another restore. After a little research, hitting the power button after an auto timeout brings up the lockscreen 3/5ths of the time, so I assume it's not from freezing anything. Now to search for what killed my text notifications.

Maverick0984

Reaction score
What version is the slingbox app? It is normally a $29.99 app that hasn't been updated since May '11. Really uncalled for. Curious if the version bundled with the D4 is newer.

Reaction score
What version is the slingbox app? It is normally a $29.99 app that hasn't been updated since May '11. Really uncalled for. Curious if the version bundled with the D4 is newer.

The slingbox that comes preinstalled is a prime example of complete waste. It is not the actual app. It is just an advertisement telling you that you can purchase it for $30.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

moccor

Reaction score
Is the bloatware app safe to freeze list being edited as people are finding problems with it? I'd hate to freeze something that shouldn't be.