Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Anybody use blocking mode? Is it working for you?

I have mine setup exactly as I did on the s4 & as seen below, but I'm still getting notifications when it's on. I just got out of the shower & had the light blinking for Tapatalk. Prior to getting in, I had another notification that sounded & activated the light.

b89b66c3ed9006b94dc630fa0e0c571b.jpg

What's more, I set this up on the 22nd when I got the phone & have been using it ever since, except that I had the selection to disable alarms checked. Now, I use timely for my alarms, so I'm not sure if it falls into that category, but it's gone off before 7 every weekday since the 22nd.

Anyone else experiencing issues here?

Sent from my Note 4

UPDATE: Maybe it just takes longer to kick in than it did on the s4, because this isn't the first time I've noticed it not seem to function, but I just got another notification that should've sounded & didn't while I was actively using the phone.

Or perhaps it's specific apps that don't obey it... Will have to investigate further, but welcome info from other users.

Sent from my Note 4

Nope. Still didn't block Facebook.

Also, on the s4, the charging notification light went off in blocking mode. Mine still lights up on the Note.

Sent from my Note 4

I use it every night, and so far it's blocked all sound and vibration (except from my favorites list). The LED does light up for notifcations though, but it did the same on my S5. I actually prefer that because I can see if I have a notification without actively being disturbed by it.

Now, as for the LED staying on while charging, that I don't care for. The S5 had an option to turn that completely off. I can't find an option for it on my Note 4.

I use it every night, and so far it's blocked all sound and vibration (except from my favorites list). The LED does light up for notifcations though, but it did the same on my S5. I actually prefer that because I can see if I have a notification without actively being disturbed by it.

Now, as for the LED staying on while charging, that I don't care for. The S5 had an option to turn that completely off. I can't find an option for it on my Note 4.
Thanks for the input. I'll have to do some tests tonight. I think mine may be the same. Seems like I got one last night that should've vibrated, but only flashed the light.

I'm the opposite of you. I don't notice the steady notification light while charging, but the flashing drives me nuts. Takes me a while to get to sleep & once I notice the flashing, I have to do something about it. I don't want to flip the phone on its face at night either though, because I'm not coherent enough to get the alarm off that way in the morning.

You'd think the light would stay off if they have a setting for it. It did on my s4, as I already mentioned.

Sent from my Note 4

The notification light continues for me as well with blocking mode on with my Note 3. I use it 365 days of the year (Thanks employer! ).

At night I put my phone across the room though forcing me to get out of bed to turn the alarm off. I never see the notification light that way as well because if I do see it my curiosity always (without fail) gets the best of me.

I have the same problem on my S5. While it blocks the actual notifications and calls from coming through, it doesn't block the LED notification from flashing and that's a huge issue for me. I mean I put my phone on silent anyways each night, so basically blocking mode is a waste for me because the damn LED light continues to blink all night which defeats the purpose. Frustrating to say the least.

S5 tap'n

The notification light continues for me as well with blocking mode on with my Note 3. I use it 365 days of the year (Thanks employer! ).

At night I put my phone across the room though forcing me to get out of bed to turn the alarm off. I never see the notification light that way as well because if I do see it my curiosity always (without fail) gets the best of me.
No plug-ins on the far wall of my bedroom. Also, as IT director, I'm on-call, so I want the phone close so I can get to it as quick as I can before the missus wakes up.

I have the same problem on my S5. While it blocks the actual notifications and calls from coming through, it doesn't block the LED notification from flashing and that's a huge issue for me. I mean I put my phone on silent anyways each night, so basically blocking mode is a waste for me because the damn LED light continues to blink all night which defeats the purpose. Frustrating to say the least.

S5 tap'n
There's a setting to turn the notification light off, but I want the thing to blink during the day and not have to use a notification shade shortcut and then go into settings to turn the light off every night.

Wonder if that moto notification light widget still exists. I think that worked on the Galaxy nexus. Silly that I have to look for a third-party option to see something that the last generation of phones did. Looks like this will be the one thing I miss about the s4...haha

Well it is usually stupid stuff like a retard replying to all instead of the person it is relevant to that triggers my noti.

It's never "Hey, we found a suspicious package over by reactor number two. What should we do?"

Well it is usually stupid stuff like a retard replying to all instead of the person it is relevant to that triggers my noti.

It's never "Hey, we found a suspicious package over by reactor number two. What should we do?"
Yeah. They don't call me very often either, even though I tell them to do so instead of leaving a terminal frozen overnight and through part of the morning until I make my rounds.

There's a setting to turn the notification light off, but I want the thing to blink during the day and not have to use a notification shade shortcut and then go into settings to turn the light off every night.

Yeah I know, and I do that sometimes. It just sucks having to go in and turn it off and on each time because I do use it during the day. I just think they should have included it to turn off in blocking mode.

I purchased Tasker awile back, I may need to set up a task to handle this for me. That app is a PITA to use though. lol

S5 tap'n

Yeah I know, and I do that sometimes. It just sucks having to go in and turn it off and on each time because I do use it during the day. I just think they should have included it to turn off in blocking mode.

I purchased Tasker awile back, I may need to set up a task to handle this for me. That app is a PITA to use though. lol

S5 tap'n
Worked on the s4. Just gonna keep saying it so people that skim through really know the pain.

Reactions: cr6
Ok so I just now realized I could turn off the noti light inside of Blocking Mode. Doh!

Ok so I just now realized I could turn off the noti light inside of Blocking Mode. Doh!
Then it'll still vibrate and beep, but the light won't go. If it's one or the other, the sounds bug me more, but I'd like it all to be off except for contacts in my phone.

Back