Bye bye Samsung and bye bye Verizon.

KaChow

Reaction score
Congrats Mark..Happy you got T-Mobile strong for your area ..I too left Verizon after being a customer since 89...I have to say never had issues with customer service ..but it's a business not one reach out from them since I've left ..not that I expected it ..my T-Mobile experience just wasn't as good though ...I really wanted it to work ..but I was getting data drops where I knew I shouldn't ..especially frustrating when it was good one day then not the next ..day two here with AT&T so let's see what it brings ..picked up a M8 only bc I'm on that G3 once I see reports of US roots and stuff ..lol

M8 tapa

Those were pagers days for me... :biggrin:

Just to add a different perspective here, as I started with Voicestream back in '98 with one of the first smartphones the Treo Palm 180, which Voicestream eventually became T-Mobile. I stayed with T-Mobile till '06, but what was nice about T-Mobile is all the incentives and Loyalty bonuses they threw at their members, I got Loyalty minutes, free monthly statements paid in full (when I complained about service disruption), really was a great company and it was hard to leave, even back then.

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those were pagers days for me... :biggrin:

Just to add a different perspective here, as I started with Voicestream back in '98 with one of the first smartphones the Treo Palm 180, which Voicestream eventually became T-Mobile. I stayed with T-Mobile till '06, but what was nice about T-Mobile is all the incentives and Loyalty bonuses they threw at their members, I got Loyalty minutes, free monthly statements paid in full (when I complained about service disruption), really was a great company and it was hard to leave, even back then.

Verizon was like that with me until after they assimilated Alltel. Not long after that they shut all the old Alltel cells down, leaving huge holes. My daughter broke down and couldn't call or text me and was within 100' of an Alltel cell. After I called and asked what that was all about they gave me 2 months of service free for my trouble, over $400 worth. They said if there wasn't a cell there within 30 days they'd let me out of my contract. They got a Cdma one going within a few days so I'm thinking it was just bad timing that she broke down when she did.
After that they were always nice and tried to be helpful but the reps hands are tied when it comes to lack of signal . When the gentleman in charge of cell allocation called me back and said his hands were tied on putting more needed coverage in my area I decided then I was leaving at some point.
BK, I really don't care if they reach out to me unless it's to tell me they're adding cells to the city. Their cs had been great but hearing I'm sorry for your lack of signal just got old.
Here's a screen shot of the reception deep inside the bowels of the building I work.
Taking a screeny with the G2 is a very easy 1 finger (press power and volume down) thing to do. Opening the camera as I take it out of my holster is the same 1 finger process, saving time when something I want to snap a photo of comes about.
Knock off feature doesn't work with Nova launcher , though Knock on does, so I set "double tap" gesture of the launcher to open Screen Off and Lock which turns the screen off.

yvamaheb.jpg

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Well, that sounds like a bad customer service experience. I had the same issue 12 years ago with AT&T. I swore I'd never go back to them, and I haven't. However, VZW has been awesome for me and it keeps getting better. They move 4G up to my neck of the woods last year allowing me to cancel my DSL service using only my unlimited plan Hotspot for our home internet. I couldn't be more pleased or happier with my service. I hope T-Mobile works well for you. We've had some bad experiences here, at least that's what people have told me. I've never tried them.

The G2's a great phone. If you have a G2, I doubt you'd need to upgrade to the 3 when it comes out. The phone I'm using to serve the internet as a hotspot is a G2 and it works fabulously. I haven't rebooted it in a month and our speeds are crazy fast.

I, on the other hand, am using the HTC M8 POS as my daily phone and cannot wait for the G3 to hit VZW. I plan on getting the first one sold in Denton on launch day.

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, that sounds like a bad customer service experience. I had the same issue 12 years ago with AT&T. I swore I'd never go back to them, and I haven't. However, VZW has been awesome for me and it keeps getting better. They move 4G up to my neck of the woods last year allowing me to cancel my DSL service using only my unlimited plan Hotspot for our home internet. I couldn't be more pleased or happier with my service. I hope T-Mobile works well for you. We've had some bad experiences here, at least that's what people have told me. I've never tried them.

The G2's a great phone. If you have a G2, I doubt you'd need to upgrade to the 3 when it comes out. The phone I'm using to serve the internet as a hotspot is a G2 and it works fabulously. I haven't rebooted it in a month and our speeds are crazy fast.

I, on the other hand, am using the HTC M8 POS as my daily phone and cannot wait for the G3 to hit VZW. I plan on getting the first one sold in Denton on launch day.

I paid retail for the G2 in case the G3 ends up being heads above the current. I'm also going to see how it feels in hand. I'm not really wanting to go back to something getting as big as the Note2 after having one that actually had almost a 1/16" bigger usable screen size in such a smaller package. The removable storage isn't that big a deal, I've had no problem with my Tab 1 32gb model running out of storage and it's got well over 1k photos/videos and 300+ songs to go with the plethora of apps my daughter uses. My Nexus7 was 16gb and I never filled it up either, just didn't put home videos on it like I do the Tab and Note8.
I thought I'd miss the S pen more than I do, the only thing missing is the double tap screen with it to jot down a quick note in its own box vs on the current screen that the G2 does. I'll have to figure out a way for Nova to do it with some form of gesture.
Edit. Pinch in gesture is actually faster than removing s pen then double tap. Yeah I can live with that. For webpages and such I can still use the quick memo in the pull down area.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

scott craft

Reaction score
I'm hoping all this stuff I read about T-Mobile refarming their 2G areas to LTE will happen in my area by the end of the year. If the coverage is decent (it isn't right now) I would love to switch. No real complaints with Verizon, I'd just like to save some money.