Camera slow

btc1951

Reaction score
I've noticed that when I press the screen to take a picture, there's a delay before the shot is actually taken, resulting in missed shots. What am I doing wrong?

If tapping the area where what is being shot the camera is changing settings to focus on the area you tapped, slowing things down. Having the flash on slows things down as well. Try turning your flash to off instead of auto and see if that helps.
Hope that helps

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

I've noticed that when I press the screen to take a picture, there's a delay before the shot is actually taken, resulting in missed shots. What am I doing wrong?

This is a common complaint with the Droid Turbo. You're not doing anything wrong. At this point, everyone will just have to wait and see if a software update is released to address the issue. It's very likely that there will be one.

I certainly hope so. I gave up my S4 with a splendid camera :-(

I think mine slowed down after the most recent update but that could be my imagination. Sorry about the S4, I think most of here would have advised you that IF a camera is important - Any Moto Droid including the Turbo would Not be the way to go.
The camera is simply "ok" and trust me, I've tried.
We'll see but I'm not holding my breath.
It's sad too because "If" they would pull their heads out of camera butt position this phone could really be a Leader.

I switched to Google camera.. So idk about stock. But if I really need a shot.. I long press and let it take a series of photos.. So i can get a better chance of catching the pic I'm after. Ymmv

I remember seeing a post on XDA I believe where you can side load a camera app and it was much quicker than the stock one. Trying to look for it. If anyone finds it, please post it.

I switched to Google camera.. So idk about stock. But if I really need a shot.. I long press and let it take a series of photos.. So i can get a better chance of catching the pic I'm after. Ymmv
Google camera is so much better then stock, the only downside is that you can't launch it by shaking the phone.

Can you expound on "better" ......please (inquiring mind)

For me.. Google camera is faster, and seems to operate better.. Burst mode works way better.. The pics seem to be clearer.. And I've tried to use em other the same way

Faster AND Clearer would definately be worth the price of admission (especially given the price)

Back