Chargers

Yup, the one that came with the phone. The Tech Matte is the bad one

says 2A. My car charger in the truck has a USB port. I plugged the 6P into it and it says Charging.

Just ran a couple of tests

• google brick and cable - Gsam shows 1630mA with fast charging enabled. Zero apps with Mobile only
  • Vzw car charger model # micrdualvpc - DC00813(A) and google cable(Type a to Type c) - Gsam shows 757mA with charging shown. Zero Apps running with Mobile data only. No wifi, bluetooth, music, etc.(My friend google tells me this is a 1A rapid car charger)

Last edited:
Been using cables I bought on eBay from CHINA and none have given me any issues.

Used CheckR and result:

VhGRmcu.png

I can confirm these two fast charge my 6P in my truck.

49226943d4077933d604bf291484a74f.jpg

c27b85efae5e140b267722ac26be6c0f.jpg
Awesome. My car charger charges at normal showed at least, but if I decide to upgrade, I'll go this route too. That charger is the same brand as mine & I've been pleased with it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Awesome. My car charger charges at normal showed at least, but if I decide to upgrade, I'll go this route too. That charger is the same brand as mine & I've been pleased with it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
I didn't need a fast charger in the truck but it's nice to know I can get a few hours off a couple minutes of charging if I need to.

This adapter is now approved. Benson said v2 is fixed for Nexus 5x, 6p and pixel. I may end up getting this so I can use my existing car chargers and not need to spend on new cables.

Amazon.com: USB-C to Micro USB Adapter, TechMatte USB Type C to Micro USB Convert Connector for OnePlus 2, Nexus 5X 2015, Nexus 6P; Upgraded and Approved to Meet USB-C Standard (2-Pack, Black): Computers & Accessories

I used my Aukey charger in the wife's car while we were on our Thanksgiving trip. It charged "normally" and was able to bring the phone right up to 200% in what I'd call a respectable amount of time, so I'm not in a hurry to get a fast charger for the car/truck either, but like you said, might be nice to have the ability when needed.

How'd you get 200%? Did I get a bad device, mine only goes to 100.

It's early and I've only been back to work for 2 days now after having a few days more than a week off. Cut me some slack! Haha!

Back