[ROM] Cryo for Droid Dna -Verizon OTA V2 2.06

LinusTech

Reaction score
Registered to say thanks so much for the work you're doing here. I especially appreciated the detailed instructions on how to update the radio software without reverting/re-locking and then doing an OTA update to get it.

I'm also having trouble sending and receiving MMS messages but I wonder if it's related to my provider rather than your ROM at this point.

Anyway, thanks :)

Freakstyler

Reaction score
Hey there

Hey, I don't know if this is related to my phone, the verizon radios and kernel, or your rom, but I think i found a bug. If I let my phone sit for a few hours, sometimes it will randomly say *Sim card not found* It doesn't always happen, and i have yet to find what causes it. But it seems to only occur when i have my phone sitting on my desk in standby for a couple hours, I go turn on the screen to check if I have any messages or missed calls, And in the upper right it says sim card not found. I can fix it by either restarting the phone, or Turning on airplane mode, and turning it back off. Then it works fine. still i have no idea of the cause.

Freakstyler

Reaction score
I don't know what's happening, but it keeps happening more and more often. It keeps saying the sim card is missing. I'm going to try and do a full reset with the RUU and figure out of that helps.

dboggess

Reaction score
Sim card not found -- Comm,on problem on this device

Unfortunately, this is a common problem on the DNA. There is a large thread on the Verizon Commuity Board. I had the same problem. Fixed it by pulling the Sim Card and cleaning it well and reinserting. No problems since then (knock on wood). If that doesn't fix it, return to Verizon.

Hey, I don't know if this is related to my phone, the verizon radios and kernel, or your rom, but I think i found a bug. If I let my phone sit for a few hours, sometimes it will randomly say *Sim card not found* It doesn't always happen, and i have yet to find what causes it. But it seems to only occur when i have my phone sitting on my desk in standby for a couple hours, I go turn on the screen to check if I have any messages or missed calls, And in the upper right it says sim card not found. I can fix it by either restarting the phone, or Turning on airplane mode, and turning it back off. Then it works fine. still i have no idea of the cause.

WhoDunIt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Unfortunately, this is a common problem on the DNA. There is a large thread on the Verizon Commuity Board. I had the same problem. Fixed it by pulling the Sim Card and cleaning it well and reinserting. No problems since then (knock on wood). If that doesn't fix it, return to Verizon.
I also had 2 SIM card errors. After the second, I removed it, cleaned it and reinserted it. Found there was a fine layer of dirt/dust on it. I then put a piece of clear tape over the SIM card slot...you don't see it with your case on. This was an idea thrown out by someone else who had the issue. Theory is, no open slot, no dirt to get in. If nothing else, if it happens again, one possibility of the problem is eliminated. No problems for almost 2 weeks now. I am part of the Verizon thread referenced by Dboggess. Good luck. Its most frustrating because the phone is really nice, otherwise.

Sent from my DNA.

Freakstyler

Reaction score

Ha, you're right, I looked online and it looks like an extremely common problem with the DNA. now that i know, i am happy with this ROM, i find no problems with it, and it isnt missing anything i wish was on there. My favorite feature is Landscape support.

del9800

Reaction score
First time running this Rom and have to say, its slick and smooth as butter. FYI crpalmer over at xda fixed up his kernel to work with OTA. I'm using 1.3.4.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

del9800

Reaction score
Does anyone have 4X4 calendar widget that comes with sense Rom?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Freakstyler

Reaction score
Hey, woke up this morning to an Update notification. When will you be able to implement the changes from 2.606.5.1? its only a 37Mb update, its not the big sense5 android 4.2 thats still rumored to come out.

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
Hey, woke up this morning to an Update notification. When will you be able to implement the changes from 2.606.5.1? its only a 37Mb update, its not the big sense5 android 4.2 thats still rumored to come out.

Bump. Im getting them as well. And even if we hit ok and try to take it, it just ends up booting recovery.

Freakstyler

Reaction score
Bump. Im getting them as well. And even if we hit ok and try to take it, it just ends up booting recovery.
Ha, while rooted you cant take OTA, it needs Stock Recovery to install them, Thats why i was wondering if myfishbear would impliment the changes into his next rom version. or else you have to unroot and return to stock to get the OTa, and even then when you re-root and get a rom, it wont have the updated changes, i dont think theres a radio update in this one