[ROM] CushZero 2.3.7 v2.1.1

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
New to CushZero here....just a quick question.

So this ROM is made with the Liquid source rather than CM7? So its basically Liquid but with the developers own take on it?

If so, how is the ROM different than Liquid ROMs?

Didn't want to sound rude that its just a copy of LGB or something I am just curious.

This rom is my edits built with liquids source
Not sure of all the differences
The shut down menu is minus sound and airplane
Less features than liquid
Not as big system wise compared to liquid
And a few other things are different
I chose to go liquid source its not as fluffy as cm which i like and liquid is a great friend and mentor it only seemed fitting. Hope ypu enjoy zero. I should be back in a few weeks and will play catch up with everything

Thanks again aj you da man

Sent from my SCH-I500

TheIceCable

Reaction score
Sooooo I flashed this bad boy and it ran quick and smooth until I rebooted, then boot loop. I read in an earlier post to change the boot ani so I flashed again changed boot ani and still boot looped after reboot. I wiped everything each time and I'm using RZR ....any help would be great as I liked this ROM a lot until reboot.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

OP
aj8600

aj8600

Reaction score
New to CushZero here....just a quick question.

So this ROM is made with the Liquid source rather than CM7? So its basically Liquid but with the developers own take on it?

If so, how is the ROM different than Liquid ROMs?

Didn't want to sound rude that its just a copy of LGB or something I am just curious.

it uses Liquids source yes, but in no way is it a copy of Liquid. Just like any rom is has a source whether its from AOSP, CM, Liquid, etc. it doesnt mean its a copy. Cush2Push has added numerous features to his rom that differ from Liquid's. some of the biggest additions are tweaks to increase battery life, keep trying the rom for a little while, and i hope you'll see a good improvement in your battery life:)

regarding to the power widget bug.... im sorry to say i dont have my phone at my disposal right now. I wish i could help more, as this problem has also affected me. ill see what cush has to say on the matter but until then all i can say is "mess around with the settings". sorry to be no help. maybe something a "zerosettings" cache wipe could fix? as soon as i have my phone ill try everything i can and let you guys know what i find. until then if any of you find anything please post it to help everyone :)

OP
aj8600

aj8600

Reaction score
Sooooo I flashed this bad boy and it ran quick and smooth until I rebooted, then boot loop. I read in an earlier post to change the boot ani so I flashed again changed boot ani and still boot looped after reboot. I wiped everything each time and I'm using RZR ....any help would be great as I liked this ROM a lot until reboot.

could you go into a little more detail? what boot animation did you get? and from where? hope i can help:)

OP
aj8600

aj8600

Reaction score
This rom is my edits built with liquids source
Not sure of all the differences
The shut down menu is minus sound and airplane
Less features than liquid
Not as big system wise compared to liquid
And a few other things are different
I chose to go liquid source its not as fluffy as cm which i like and liquid is a great friend and mentor it only seemed fitting. Hope ypu enjoy zero. I should be back in a few weeks and will play catch up with everything

Thanks again aj you da man

Sent from my SCH-I500

WOAH! glad to see you making an appearance man!

and thanks man! im happy i could help:)

dpaine88

Reaction score
it uses Liquids source yes, but in no way is it a copy of Liquid. Just like any rom is has a source whether its from AOSP, CM, Liquid, etc. it doesnt mean its a copy. Cush2Push has added numerous features to his rom that differ from Liquid's. some of the biggest additions are tweaks to increase battery life, keep trying the rom for a little while, and i hope you'll see a good improvement in your battery life:)

regarding to the power widget bug.... im sorry to say i dont have my phone at my disposal right now. I wish i could help more, as this problem has also affected me. ill see what cush has to say on the matter but until then all i can say is "mess around with the settings". sorry to be no help. maybe something a "zerosettings" cache wipe could fix? as soon as i have my phone ill try everything i can and let you guys know what i find. until then if any of you find anything please post it to help everyone :)

Thank you dude for the explaination, I wasn't trying to make it sound like it was just a copy or something like that. This is just the first ROM I have come across that uses Liquids Source so I wasn't sure. I love the ROM so far as I loved LGB but had soft reboot issues so hopefully this ROM can help me out with that.

Till there is a fix for the power notifications widget, I will just use the standard power widget on my homescreen.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
see for yourself;)

Only way to know for sure. I used to be hardcore liquid. I flashed this one day and haven't looked back. My D1 never ran as smooth on Liquid as it has on this. And that's no fault to Liquid. Its the D1 hardware. Cush has stripped down a few things for speed/performance reasons and added in his own tweaks.

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk

OP
aj8600

aj8600

Reaction score
Thank you dude for the explaination, I wasn't trying to make it sound like it was just a copy or something like that. This is just the first ROM I have come across that uses Liquids Source so I wasn't sure. I love the ROM so far as I loved LGB but had soft reboot issues so hopefully this ROM can help me out with that.

Till there is a fix for the power notifications widget, I will just use the standard power widget on my homescreen.

glad i could help:)

hopefully we can figure out this power widget problem for everyone!

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
No worries on the Power Widget bug. I'm just using the toggle to move the phone to silent and then tapping the volume up button once to move to sound again when needed. I promise we can all deal with that. LOL.

linuxmel

Reaction score
CushZero congrats! this rom so far has been very smooth and flawless. I hope I don't jink myself, but this is the first GB 2.3.7 rom that I had loaded, that doesn't have the problem of Receiving a call that goes to speaker and mutes the mike, then freezes. I have loaded some very good roms, but can't deal with that problem. Has anyone found a solutions to this problem, when it creeps up? Thanks for the GREAT work!!!!

TheIceCable

Reaction score
could you go into a little more detail? what boot animation did you get? and from where? hope i can help:)

Well I used a superman one I picked up awhile back used root explorer to place in system media and then I used the blue matrix one from Jrummy's ROM toolbox. Those and the stock one all caused boot loop. I have had to reflash 3 times and the ROM works awesome until I reboot for something then it boot loops.

dpaine88

Reaction score
No worries on the Power Widget bug. I'm just using the toggle to move the phone to silent and then tapping the volume up button once to move to sound again when needed. I promise we can all deal with that. LOL.

Damn, the way mine is bugging is a little more annoying. Mine sticks on the "sound on" so in order to go to vibrate or silent, I need to hit the rocker 5 times, and unless I missed it I do not see the option to turn the sound off when you adjust the rockers. Like the little ding ding ding every time you increase/decrease the ringer volume.

Well I used a superman one I picked up awhile back used root explorer to place in system media and then I used the blue matrix one from Jrummy's ROM toolbox. Those and the stock one all caused boot loop. I have had to reflash 3 times and the ROM works awesome until I reboot for something then it boot loops.

Maybe just disabling the boot animation will help that?

On a side note... In regards to the Performance/Prop settings, I noticed some overlap and I was not sure if they both needed to be checked or anything.

"Disable Boot Animation"
"Just In Time Compliler"(listed as JIT in performance settings)

Both of the above are listed in PropModder and the General Performance settings.

Also noticed the "Disable logcat" checkbox would not stick until I went into the init.d script and manually uncommented the # out of the script line. Then it stuck.

Overall- I am loving this ROM so far. It is exactly what I was looking for, a more fine tuned version of Liquid for the D1 that is a little less feature rich. Since Liquid dev's for like 6 phones, I can imagine it would be hard to fully optimize and test out each build for each specific device.

EDIT: Has anyone been able to change the lockscreen background? No matter what imagine I choose it will not change from the current home screen wallpaper. I tested the solid color option and that does work though.

Last edited: